Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Pronunciation

There is a man I work with, he is the entire accounting department for the company. He was just explaining something to me and told me he wants such and such done so he has record of the "cal-kul-ations". I dont know why, but the way he pronounces it drives me batty. Please humor me with words that drive you nuts like that?

Re: Pronunciation

• Options
    Nuculer. Not. A. Freaking. Word. Idiot.
  • Options
    A lot of people around here say amalance instead of ambulance. I hate them. They also say libary instead of library. I hate them too.
  • Options
    Realtor. NOT realAtor.
  • Options
    I was in a meeting yesterday where someone kept pronouncing "hover" as "hoe-ver". I don't know why but I nearly started laughing.
  • Options
    Some people down here call oil (earl). I hate it.
  • Options
    Library.  I hate it when people say libarry.  The first r comes before the a, jerkface.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    "I need to ax you a question"  It's ASK damn it.
  • Options
    I hate people who say supposebly
  • Options
    MaRscapone  vinegAretteHate!

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    or wurter instead of water.
  • Options
    Yes, ax is replaced with ask down here too, gross.
  • Options
    My grandma used to call dandruff, "dandreth". I was a kid and it drove me nuts then.
  • Options
    My other:  "I seen that."  It's "I have seen or I saw"
  • Options
    I hate when people pronounce "coupons" as CUEpons.  If it was supposed to be pronounced that way, it would be spelled that way.
  • Options
    People around here add random letters into things.Sweather.  Alvocado.  Warsh.  It drives me nuts and makes me mad because it makes people sound like uneducated hicks.FI always says stanima, instead of stamina.  Drives me up the wall.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Had this discussion with FI a few days ago.  People pronounce the word "mischievous" mischevIous.  And it's not.  There's no i after the v.  Drives me crazy.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Espresso has no X in it.  Essssspresso.
  • Options
    Often-the T is not silent.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    some people around here say walmark's instead of Wal-Mart.
  • Options
    Down here they pronounce aluminum as:Al (the name)loominiumand filet is pronounce fillit.  I could go on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    "So didjew hear about that?"Um, it's DID YOU - two words, not one.Also dislike adding an "s" to companies that don't have one. It is Nordstrom and Tiffany, not Nordstroms and Tiffanies.
  • Options
    oddly enough, I love when I hear aluminum pronounced like that. It usually is accompanied by an accent though, which hides a multitude of sins.
  • Options
    Right now? I'm hating on everyone saying "fer" instead of "for". I catch myself doing it and correct myself, but EVERYONE is doing it. Everyone. Seriously, say "for".
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People who pronounce the "th" on the end of a word with an "f" sound.  So instead of monTH, it's MonF or instead of deaTH, it's deaF!  I hate this!  This is the first monf after my aunt's deaf. 
  • Options
    Exactly Nebb. When I first leaarned english it was: al - U - minimum for aluminum vit - uh - mins for vitamins  
  • Options
    I also really hate when people pronounce clothes "close". You are NOT wearing close. You close a door.
  • Options
    My son says chuge instead of huge. But it's cute cause he's 4.
  • Options
    I'm a good Baltimoron that says wudder (something you swim in) and arnge (a color/something you eat). I know it irks people because LTB just said it did. :-)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    "I need to ax you a question" It's ASK damn it.Some people have accents therefore say ax.I hate when people call my city Cal-gary.  It's pronounced Cal-gry.  I get they are just saying it the way it's spelled, but it drives me nuts.A girl I work with won't add the letter S on things.  So she'll send out an email for my birthday lunch or something.  The subject will say "Amanda Birthday Lunch".  She has bad grammar all together.  But  yeah.I hate when people say shed-ule.  I say it sked-ual.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Umberella = umbrella Crick = creek (my mother does this...ugh!) Irregardless <------ This is NOT a word!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards