Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Driving related

I'll start by saying that my job is in a very small business, consisiting of 10 or so employees. I am good friends with my co-workers and heard this story directly from the person invovled, not my employer. I don't want anyone to think my employer is running his mouth about his employees personal lives.So my employer received notice in the mail to garnish the wages of another employee yesterday. The notice wanted to garnish his wages to pay for a speeding ticket and a seat belt violation, totaling some $600+. The fine and tickets were issued in a city that's 4 hours away from ours, and my co-worker claims he's only driven through that city a handful of times in his whole life. He said he was never pulled over, never received anything in the mail at his residence, had never heard of any of this until yesterday.I know that a lot of tickets are being issued from radar and cameras, and you don't have to be pulled over by an officer to get a ticket. That was what I figured happened when I first heard the story. But he swears he never drives out there, and has absolutely no clue what is going on.I have no reason not to believe him, and he has no reason to lie to anyone. The whole thing seems really odd. He hasn't owned his current vehicle long, and these tickets date back to April. I've never heard of something like this happening. I'm interested to hear what he finds out when he calls. The only thing I can figure is he's either a liar, or is very unlucky and somehow being mistaken for someone else. Either way, sucks to be him.

Re: Driving related

• Options
    It sucks to read this post too.  I'm a little angry now.
  • Options
    The violation will have the dat and time it was given, even if it's from a camera.  Once he gets that hopefully he'll be avle to prove he was somewhere else and it couldn't possibly have been him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a coworker repeatedly get notices about a ticket for parking in downtown Trenton, NJ at a time when he was here, at work, almost an hour away. They were for a toyota, he drives a mini cooper and a jeep. Finally figured out that whoever was writing the ticket put down a U instead of a V or vice versa, and ended up putting down HIS license plate #. It took him weeks of calling to get it sorted out, even though his license plate # was never associated with a toyota. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a similar situation where something on the original ticket was marked wrong and it somehow got associated with your coworker.
  • Options
    I don't think red-light cameras can issue citations for seat belt violations. But we don't have them around here, so what do I know...
  • Options
    Honestly, that was one of the most pointless, long-ass posts I've read in awhile. Can I have that 2 minutes back now?
  • Options
    Well it sucks for him in the short term.  But he does have the right fight the ruling.  Something like that happend with a friend of ours.  He had the same name as someone else and somehow he was linked to a child support ruling.  It took a little time, but he was able to prove it was a mistake.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Amen, kiki.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    kdc and lynda,I guess transposing a number or letter wrong is possible.  I can't believe how long it took the people you knew to get their messes sorted out though. That's insane.And to those that are complaining about wasted time, what else are you on here for?
  • Options
    Jesus H. Christ, everyone is in a bad mood today! WTH is going on? Is it just boredom or being so close to Friday? Things aren't usually this on edge...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    ditto louisville.
  • Options
    I am killing time, but not reading about some dude's parking ticket that maybeisntreallyhisormaybeitisandheslying.  Seriously, I don't care and I doubt anyone else here does.Good pointless posts: a funny link, a silly/funny story, something going on in YOUR lifeBad pointless posts: Gross things, stuff going on in some random person you work with's life
  • Options
    [i]And to those that are complaining about wasted time, what else are you on here for?[/i] I don't consider my time here to be "wasted". I come here for useful and/or entertaining info/stories. This was useful and/or entertaining fail. And I'm not on edge; I'm in a pretty good mood actually. I can't speak for kiki, but I was just calling this for what it is.
  • Options
    And yep, I'm in an average mood- neither bad nor like WOOHOO!
  • Options
    I just noticed more edge (good way to put it) in this post and the one about the girl not sure if she's in the bridal party. People seem to be extra eager today. Or I could be super chill right now. Either way, it might be a good recipe for some drama today...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Oh I missed that other post. I'll have to go find that. I should just stop reading jfgrad's posts anyway. She's seriously like the second coming of snowsweetie.
  • Options
    Oh, is she the one that makes you stabby? That makes a little more sense.
  • Options
    Haha I <3 you, LVB. I haven't felt this stabby at someone on here in quite awhile.
  • Options
    No one really makes me stabby, just sig pics. Theres about 3 that I cringe when I see and it makes me twitch a little bit. I don't think I can stand it in here today. I'm such a freaking girl right now and I think I'll end up getting mad or crying. Gah I hate life sometimes lol
  • Options
    I come here for useful and/or entertaining info/stories.Post some please? You always want to bash my posts, but you have nothing of your own to talk about either.
  • Options
    Do tell, lvb.  Who's sigs make you stabby?I'm trying to think of any right now, but can only come up with one- it's not her pic, but the fact that she's got a pic AND 2 tickers.  Too much.
  • Options
    What exactly did I do that bothered you so much Salt? All you do is whine about how much I bug you. I don't even talk to you.
  • Options
    Right now, yours does. And not because its bad, but the place I'm in in life right now, its giving me a feeling of anxiousness. I feel like a nut job saying that. And then of course there's Larrissa Ann. and then Missy. I don't know why, but I can't stand her pics. Gah, I'm usually really really nice on here and I feel like such a biitch for not liking pics. Hmm...maybe I should take a break from TK until I get life figured out. Or you know, I could go all psycho on everyone...
  • Options
    Is the address on his drivers license the same as the address where he actually recieves mail?  I know of people who have gotten tickets from radar cameras and they take a picture of the license plate and send the the ticket through the mail to the address that is associated with that plate. Could it be possible he has moved and not changed or forwarded his address?
  • Options
    LVB, clearly losing your shiit and going psycho is the best solution.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    LVB- I vote going psycho on everyone.  Then you can come back and apologize but tell everyone it's their fault because you were having a bad week.
  • Options
    maybe I should take a break from TK until I get life figured out.TK can be helpful at times though. It doesn't sound like things are going so well for you, I hope they get better LVB
  • Options
    I'm also not a super fan of that picture, Kiki.  It looks like a mixture of constipation and trying too hard.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Seriously. I mean how can you have a picture where you're clearly having fun, Kiki? DON'T YOU KNOW I'M HAVING IT ROUGH???? Fuuckin Nazi. 
  • Options
    HR, I'm not really sure about the address. That still doesn't explain how the ticket was issued from a city that's 4 hours away and he rarely drives through.
  • Options
    [i]Post some please? You always want to bash my posts, but you have nothing of your own to talk about either. [/i] Yeah I don't have anything interesting to talk about today. But that doesn't mean that I am going to post some random crap that no one cares about. And why do you annoy me? Your pointless posts and failed attempts at being snarky. As I said...snowsweetie all over again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards