New York-New York City
Options

Metamorphosis make up Review

I had a trial with a makeup group called metamorphosis based in NYC. I thought the makeup trial was complimentary since that is what I was told after attending a bridal show! But I found out otherwise! Beware of these types of vendors ladies...If you are told that something is complimentary such as a makeup trial get it in writing!!!!

The pros:
-The make up artist Rebecca was very nice and bubbly
-Accomadating (when I said I didn't like it she changed it without making a fus) or (without making it seem like she was the pro etc)

Cons: 
-The false eye lashes that she applied started to come off 15mins after she left!!! Seriously?! I would need something for the whole day not just 15mins. I don't know if it just didn't dry well but she assured me that it did! :-/

-Charged me $100 for a makeup trial even though she informed me that it was complimentary prior to coming furthermore prior to applying my makeup!!! ( she denied that she ever told me that it was complimenatry but I know she did because money is very tight right now as you all know.. and I am a penny pincher with money - so I would have never had her come to do a make up trial for me on a day that I wasn't even going out let alone pay $100 for!!) Oh and to get an air brush make up trial was an extra $75 (meaning $175 for an air brush make up trial...seriously?!)

-Quality of makeup was ok (did not have many different options for eye shadow). She only had one gold eye shadow color (wtf?)! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Metamorphosis make up Review

• Options
    Oh man that is crazy! I saw them at a bridal show once, they ended up calling me. I told them thanks but no thanks! Sorry that happened to you.
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
  • Options
    every makeup and hair person I've contacted charges $300 + for just the trial! If anyone finds someone who gives completmentary/reasonable trials please let me know!
  • Options
    I went to a couple of bridal shows where they were featured. I was completely turned off because the girl was so pushy. And her makeup was so overdone. I wouldn't want to look like that on my wedding day.
    Jenefer & David Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sunshine. I got a girl that works at MAC that freelances to do my makeup and she charges $100 for the bride. Maybe that's an option for you.
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
  • Options
    I am a hairstylist who recently almost got taken by Metamorphosis... I am a mother of two who works full time. I love doing updos!!! I was asked to come meet inLong Island. For a full time working mom this sounded great. Very glad I read this! I do freelance work and I don't want to sound to confident , but I am very good at wedding styles. My email is Jaimieheringesgmail.com I would love to help you out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards