Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NEY post - you all must read, Friday laughs

It's called So...I cheated.  Read and discuss.

Re: NEY post - you all must read, Friday laughs

• Options
    Been there. Done that.
  • Options
    Must of missed it, been busy and not Knotting past couple of days.
  • Options
    I didn't read the responses, but that is one fugly dress.
  • Options
    forreal. forreal.
  • Options
    That wasn't really worthy of a cross post, or should I have read past the first post?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I thought someone cheated on SO.  Nope.  Just some idiot who went dress shopping before she's even entirely sure she's having a wedding.  Whoopeee.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I just recently discovered NYE. I am fascinated by these girls who aren't engaged but are obsessed with their weddings. Fascinated.I wonder if their boyfriends know about their obsessions and posting on the Knot?I bet their friends and family will be so sick of wedding talk about three days after they/if they get the ring.
  • Options
    Freckles, I wonder the same thing.  I didn't give my wedding one thought until I got engaged.  Mostly because I DIDN'T THINK I WAS GETTING MARRIED UNTIL SOMEONE ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM.  I went to high school with girls who were planning their wedding in tenth grade.  They bothered me when I was 15, they bother me now.  Get a life.  Then worry about getting married.
  • Options
    That is the ugliest wedding dress I have ever encountered.
  • Options
    Exactly! Of course I daydreamed about my wedding and maybe even looked at a venue or two online before the ring. However, we got engaged in May, and we booked our venue in August. I haven't even gone seriously dress shopping yet, and this chick already BOUGHT HER DRESS without being engaged.I didn't even find out about the Knot until sometime in July, and these girls have been posting for months about how they will orgasm as soon as he gets down on a bended knee.And FWIW my engagement story sucks, not romantic at all. I teast FI about it a bit, but it's not a huge issue. I bet if some of these girls get anything less than the most amazing propsal ever, they will flip out.
  • Options
    I feel you on the anti-climactic proposal.  I love my story, obviously, because it involves me.  But it wasn't some big elaborate thing.  What these girls don't realize is that after the giant shindig they're preplanning without a groom, they're gonna have to actually be married.  Try cohabitating and paying bills and stuff and then see how much fun planning a wedding is.  Because it's mostly a pain in the arse.
  • Options
    Also, call me BSC if you must, but technically my ring is still in FI's underwear drawer so he can think up a crazy "real" proposal. However, we BOTH consider ourselves to be engaged, have set a date, booked venues, and I put a deposit on a dress (which I tried on in person). And we bought the ring together. The commitment to planning a wedding and the marriage itself is more important to us that a cheesey proposal story, which won't make it more "real." Our families know about the wedding, most of our friends know, etc.I think there's a huge difference between this and Ms. Passive-Agressive who seems to be planning a whole wedding while at the same time never communicating to her boyfriend and sending "oh please ask me!" mind vibes his way.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    That is the ugliest wedding dress I have ever encountered.Nah.  Scooby's was way worse.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Msmerymac, I totally get that people can be engaged without a ring.  I was for a while.  Our families knew and we were making plans before the ring was on my finger. I didn't feel any less engaged than I do now. There's a giant difference in that and planning a wedding before you're entirely sure you're going to get married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards