Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

S/O Poley, Sixteen Candles

What did you do for your 16th birthday?and with whom ;)

Re: S/O Poley, Sixteen Candles

• Options
    I spent it with my family, since it was christmas, and finally managed to talk my mom into letting me drink. She was so paranoid I would get drunk. Other than that, nothing. I never had exciting birthdays.
  • Options
    My mom threw me a big party in the local VFW hall. I thought I was the coolest because she got me a DJ and everything. And yes, my friends and I performed the dance we made up to Britney, "Hit Me Baby One More Time." ps- It was luau themed!!
  • Options
    Crap, I can't remember! I probably went out to Olive Garden with my family. Lame!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was at band camp over my 16th birthday.  I was in drill team.  It sucked.  On the last day, we were all gathered in the audtorium and my mom surprised me with a surprise  party!  My mom showed up with roses, a cake, a stuffed polar bear -- it was the sweetest thing.  I think that may have been my best bday every.  Having 80+ people sing happy birthday to you is quite overwhelming. :)
  • Options
    aw, that sounds like a fun 16thnebb, your parents wouldn't let you have a glass of champage for your birthday even?
  • Options
    My mom threw me a surprise party and my dad let me DRIVE TO THE STORE!!1!1!! to get the ice cream. My b-day is 2 days after Christmas, though, so none of my friends were in town. It was just my family. It was a good effort though.
  • Options
    I invited some friends from school over and we rented a laserdisc player (anyone remember those, prior to VCRs?) and watched Gone With the Wind and, um.... Porky's, thanks to my little brother.Pretty low key. I think there were 6 people over.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Is it bad that I can't remember? And I'm 24--it wasn't that long ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Missy, that's some range.  Gone with the Wind to Porky's!  I haven't seen Porky's in a very long time.  The shower scene is the best ever! I'm cracking it up just thinking about it.
  • Options
    My family isn't big on birthdays, so.. nothing. My parents got me a daybed because I always wanted one. Why? I have no idea. I guess I thought they were cool.
  • Options
    Lazertag!! It was awesome.
  • Options
    I dont believe there was anything like that, my family is pretty low key. If I remember correctly it was some of my aunts coolers I ended up drinking.
  • Options
    All I can tell you is that I know it was the summer before I was a senior in high school. I don't remember any of the particulars... but then my family has never been good at birthdays. My birthdays have become infinitely better ever since FI entered my life.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I had a pizza party for about 15 people in my garage.  Then there was a tornado so we had to go into the basement, and my best friend made out with the guy I liked in front of my mom.It sucked.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    My mom wanted to throw me a fancy Sweet Sixteen with a catered lunch, complete with response cards with menu choices. I remember picking the menu and thinking "I'm not ready for this." I convinced her to call it off and had about a dozen friends over for a sleepover party. Turns out most of my other friends did the same for their 16th birthdays.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I had a sleepover with my 3 best friends.  I still keep in pretty regular contact with two of them, and one was one of my bridesmaids.
  • Options
    Yeah, you can thank my 12-year old (at the time) brother for that one. I think we watched the first disc of GWTW (that was my grand plan), then he came in, and put Porky's in.  I was mortified.  That was when we were still in the - ummm, adversarial phase of our relationship...... :))) Translation: he did it to irritate me, I could've pounded him flat.We didn't finish GWTW. But, everyone loved Porky's. So, it was all good.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I was going to say that I lost my virginity, but I'm pretty sure that was 3 days before...
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    On my 16th, I just went out to dinner with my boyfriend.  He gave me a silver charm bracelet (yes, I'm old)   M's 16th, I had a party for her at Harley Davidson Cafe and hired a hot guy to sing the original version of "Sixteen Candles)Yes, she was mortified
  • Options
    [i]I was going to say that I lost my virginity, but I'm pretty sure that was 3 days before...[/i] Tide FTW!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *add onbut the tourists were peeing in their pants and taking pictures.  Maybe they thought this was normal NYC life.  It's not
  • Options
    Hmm, can't remember what I did on my actual birthday, but I had a nice Sweet Sixteen a few weeks later that I combined with my cousin.  DJ, buffet food, tons of dancing, cake and candle ceremony.I still have my dress.  It was a gorgeous navy blue short velvet dress....ooo, I think a friend has a pic on FB i can gank!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OOT - I very much look forward to embarassing my daughter later on down the road. The bracelet was really sweet :)
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My parents rented out my aunt's beach clubhouse for the day. I combined my 16th birthday party w/ my brother's 14th so we each had a group of friends there. We ended up having a massive water balloon fight, which was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    That's cool that so many people remember there 16th birthday. My oldest friend had a surprise party.
  • Options
    I have absolutely no clue. I am coming up on the 10 anniversary of my 16th bday so maybe I'll make up for it then.At 16 I was still a good little girl. No "with whom"s for me :)
  • Options
    I remember one of M's friends had a super big 16th birthday party for her. 100+ guests, black tie and allNot judging but IMO, totally inappropriate.
  • Options
    Went to seattle for shopping and baseball game for about a week.With my parents and my BFF
  • Options
    Are you ready to see 16 y/o sucrets?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Capri, I'm slightly jealous of your surprise party! I've always wanted one of those! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards