New York-New York City

buyers remorse - dress help!

hi all, 
i am having my first mini meltdown.  my dress came in last weekend and i tried it on and suddenly felt like i made the wrong decision!  i tried it on the first time almost a year ago and loved it.  tried it on a second time over the holidays and still loved it and decided then to buy it.  it arrived saturday and i tried it on and i don't love it.  what should i do??  i can't really afford another one.  am i crazy to think my tailor might be able to do something with it to make it a little different?  do all brides go thru this and i'm just having a just a little panic?

Re: buyers remorse - dress help!

• Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!  I worry about this same thing myself, since I bought my dress too!  I might try to talk with the tailor and see what he/she can do.  It's better than having to buy another dress.  But I guess worse case you could find another one and sell the current dress.  I don't think that was much help...so a BIG HUG for you!
  • edited December 2011
    What are you not liking about the dress now?  What did you love about the dress when you bought it?  When you went to try it on did you have the right undergarments, was your hair and makeup done?  You may have just been having an off day. 
  • edited December 2011
    From someone who has a dress that she's trying to sell, it's not easy to be a two-dress bride.  If you loved it twice, it may just be that since then, you've seen so many dresses that you are now unhappy.  Give it a few days, be in a good mood, try it on in favorable light and see how it goes.  If you still don't like it, then I'd look to get a dress on the cheap either on ebay or from a bride that really needs to sell her.

Incidentally, I have a MS Michelle, size 6 white if you are interested.... :)
  • edited December 2011
    most of us go through that. i just had my first fitting on sunday and when i first put it on in my size (as opposed to the sample that was 6 sizes too big) i hadn't realized ti was going to be so poofy at the bottom. i was quite stressed by it but the seamstress could tell how indecisive i was feeling abotu it and took out the crinoline while i was wearing the dress. much to my relief it was exactly what i wanted with that important change! i'm sure you will fall in love with your dress again. and even if you don't love it, maybe you will fall in like with it and that will be just fine.
  • trehaktrehak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for all  of your messages. 
    i was really freaking out. 
    i did what some of you suggested and gave it a few days, i had my hair and makeup test and then tried it on again once i was done up and it definitely helped!  
    when i bought it, it was because i loved the way it fit and also that is was a bit unique.  and once i saw how it all might actually look as a package on the big day i started to like it again.  i don't know if i love it again quite yet but definitely feel better and happier with it. 
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards