New York-New York City
Options

Terrace on the Park

I went there today and the Penthouse is great, the views are amazing.  The lobby looks a little dated with all the mirrors, but so far they are giving me the best deal.  The reviews I have read on line are either loved it or hated it.  Anyone here using TOP?  I haven't committed to it yet, but I am leaning in that direction.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Terrace on the Park

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know anything about TOP but we got married a few weeks ago at MPE Penthouse and absolutely loved it.  Not sure what you're looking for but it's a fabulous venue.  Let me know if you have any questions!  HTH.
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Went to a wedding there a few years ago; I definitely felt the lobby was dated and traffic on route (for a Sat, but if most of your guests are in Queens, then probably not a big deal) was a pain.  The presentation was nice and the staff okay, but not super attendant, and personally I thought the food was good, but not remarkable for a wedding.

• Options
    tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MPE looks nice, but I am having 200 to 250 guests, so I need a larger venue.  I know Queens traffic can be a mess, but TOP is near the airport hotels where many of our out of town guests will likely be staying.  Plus free parking.  I live in Brooklyn myself and want to avoid Manhattan for my wedding because of the parking, cost and traffic issues.  I'm glad to hear you thought the food was good, but I would like remarkable. I guess I will look some more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my senior prom there.  Keep in mind this was 12 years ago, but from what I remember everything was just *ok*.  And the decor was outdated even then!!  Also, it was mega windy on the terrace and so outdoor pics were really impossible.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my prom there as well, a little further back than you.  It was cool from what I remember.  I lobby does look dated, but they have remodeled the ballrooms.  We are having an August wedding so wind won't be a problem.  I have yet to find a large venue with a great view that can beat TOP's price.  We are going to see Giando on the Water tomorrow, if the deal isn't right, then TOP it is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a great venue
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to see Giando on the Water today, the views are amazing.  The skyline and bridges serve as your backdrop.  But the ballrooms lacked the wow factor.  When I went into the Penthouse at TOP my mouth dropped, then I stepped out onto the rooftop terrace where the ceremony would be he held and it dropped again.  I haven't gotten that from any other venue, at least not for under 120 pp, remember 200+ guests so cost is important.

After my fiance and I left Giando, we called TOP and asked if our date was still available.  We are going in tomorrow to sign the contract.  It's really hitting me, I am getting married Aug 20, 2011!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it, I booked TOP today.  So I am getting married August 20, 2011, YAY!!!!!  I even got the guy to knock off a few bucks and we've cut our guest list so we can save there.  I feel really good having this out of the way, especially since I have only been engaged for two weeks. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    comeseedababycomeseedababy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards