Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Reception Card Wording?

Cocktails/hors'deourves @ 4:00pm, Seated dinner @ 5:00pm(the response card also states "seated" and requests entree selection)...How do I word the times? Separately? Spelled out? Numerical? is it assumed a reception has a dinner/meal?I have tried it all ways I can think and none look right.Thanks.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Reception Card Wording?

• Options
    We just said " The celebration continues immediately following the ceremony at XXX" - Pics in Planning bio
  • Options
    If the cocktail hour starts right after the ceremony, you don't need to  include times at all.  Just indicate cocktail hour and seated dinner to follow, or Reception Immediately Following.If there is a gap, just list the reception start time at 4pm, you don't need to specify cocktail hour then dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did "Cocktail hour to immediately follow ceremony" on one line and "Dinner to follow cocktail hour at 7pm" on the second line. We did this because we knew a lot of our guests wouldn't attend the ceremony, but would want to be at the reception in time for dinner. I don't think we spelled it out on our reception card.
  • Options
    If the reception is at the same location, you don't need a reception card. If it's at a different location, write on the reception card:A dinner reception will follow the ceremony at:Reception Venue1234 Reception St.Anytown, US 10000People will assume a cocktail hour. Or figure it out when they get there and... there's a cocktail hour.With an entree selection, it's assumed to be a seated dinner. Otherwise, you wouldn't need to choose. Just put the selection on the response cards.One girl on here had a little grid, which had each person's name down the left side and the selection of entrees across the top with a box each person could check.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    even if its at a different location, you dont need a separate card.  we put ours right at the bottom of the invite, and had a scrolly line between the two.  we just said "reception immediately following" then the location.
  • Options
    Or what Calypso said. It depends how wordy the invitation would be. I'd even consider printing the reception info on the back, depending on the style of the invitations.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    The invitation doesn't have enough room for the reception statement, it would be too squished.The ceremony is 20 minutes from the reception hall. So there is a need for a reception card.Thank you all for your ideas!! I like the idea of just stating that the reception will start at 4pm....there is a small gap (travel time allowed) between ceremony (2pm-2:30pm and reception 4pm)...Thanks girls!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards