Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

weird fears/complexes/OCDs

I realized today that I get nervous when taking any sort of transportation alone.  I am not nervous to take the bus anymore because I've done it so many times.  I am very nervous to miss connecting flights.  I am OCD about milk.  There has to be at least 1L in the fridge at all times.I won't eat any dairy if it's expiry date is the next day.  I won't eat sandwich meat after 2 days or so.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: weird fears/complexes/OCDs

• Options
    I won't eat meat on a bone or if it's chopped up. I have to be able to inspect each bite thoroughly. Hair really ruins my life. I can't stand to see it anywhere unattached to a body. I will fixate on it and can't think of anything else until it's gone. Bathrooms scare the piss out of me.
  • Options
    I have irrational fears of dying in some tragically awful way--fiery car crash, plane crash, or drowning. Drowning is the biggest fear. I'm afraid to be on bridges for long periods of time. I always picture the bridge collapsing and my car falling in and I can't get out. I refuse to drive over the GG bridge in SF and it looks like we can avoid it for the HM, though we'll still have to drive over a long bridge of some sort.
  • Options
    The bedroom door and closet doors MUST be shut while I sleep. I can't sleep when they're open - it just freaks me out. The pillows have to be turned in (meaning the openings, where you shove the pillow into the pillow case, have to be facing each other.) I can't sleep when the covers are messed up. I can't sleep with socks on. Mess bothers me. A lot. The thought of dying scares me an insane amount. I know - I'm weird. FI knows it too. haha!
  • Options
    I have to fold things in half:  paper and napkins, mostly.My pen caps have to line up with the writing on the pen.I wash certain body parts with the same part of the washcloth.  I know it's clean, but it still creeps me out washing my face with something that previously washed my hooha. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I worry a great deal about something bad happening at my son's school. Several times a day, I get really worried that a crazy person has broken in and started shooting or that the building has blown up. Sometimes I have to call to make sure everything is okay before I can calm down. I also always have to have the bathroom door shut.
  • Options
    I believe in the ankle grabber that lives under the bed. This guy is definitely under my car at night.
  • Options
    beach - all of our dvds, cds, and video games are alphabetized, too.  How else can you find anything???
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    cew- one of my best friends has the same issue with hair. I'm pretty anal about papers and stuff on desks/tables. Even if there's a huge messy pile, it has to be at a right angle/lined up with a corner or edge of the desk.  Like it can't be slanted or anything or it stresses me out.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I have to brush my teeth with hot water. Before I take a shower. I have weird OCD issues when it comes to my mouth.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Beach, me too - I can't sleep with my foot hanging off the bed.  I'm terrified a hand will reach up from under the bed and grab it.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ever since I watched the Mythbusters episode where a car tire blew out and part of the tire went through the windshield of the car in the next lane and decapitated the person, I don't like driving on the highway. Shiit. I have this same fear and I have been told it can't really happen.Well crap.
  • Options
    I have to open the shower curtain if I'm in the bathroom.Me too, but that's just because my bathroom is so small that I feel claustrophobic if it's closed. And like maybe there's a serial killer behind it (there's a window in the shower - tiny, but still a window).
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm terribly afraid of fire, including but not limited to candles, fireplaces, gas stoves, pilot lights, bonfires, campfires, lighters, matches, aim n' flames... and my husband is a firefighter.I'm afraid that overpasses will collapse on my car when I'm driving. About half the time I get chills when driving under an overpass, and I especially hate getting stopped at a traffic light while under one.I'm also afraid that a tree will fall on my house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    I'm a vegatarian, but I have mini panic attacks if I ever find out I've accidentally eaten meat (restaurant mixes up, soup has beef broth, etc). I usually get so upset that I puke. Gross. Whenever I see a digital clock, I have to manipulate the numbers to equal 0. Example: now it's 5:38, so 5+3-8=0. I can't stop until I get it. I can't handle dry skin. I carry lotion and lip balm EVERYWHERE. So many more.. I'm odd, I know.
  • Options
    Eyes! Dear god, eyes!And I concur about taking public transportation, the first time I'd ever been on a bus I was in college. I don't mind the train so much, but buses and streetcars (especially streetcars) creep me out.
  • Options
    Dirty underwear must be covered at all times. If not, I literally stop breathing because I have a weird phobia of it.If I can't remember whether I locked the front door or turned off my hair straightener, I will stop where I am and go home to double check.Apparently, every time I look in a mirror, I pout my lips. I've heard from many people that I do this.
  • Options
    This isn't weird, but I'm terribly afraid of heights.  I'm a pilot though and they don't bother me when I'm flying.  I will feel my pulse race when I or the kids go on the balcony or get too close to the bedroom windows at my parents' condo which is on the 17th floor.  I also have a fear of being buried alive.  I have no idea where this came from.  I also have a fear of fire.  This is probably due to our house fire when I was young and my bedroom being on fire when I was a teenager.  This leaves a terrible conundrum on my part as to whether I get buried or cremated when I die (if I'm even dead!!).  I still don't know which I would prefer.
  • Options
    Cew - I COMPLETELY agree about the hair.  OMG it makes me feel so unsettled.  My moms best friend picked a hair off the back of my shirt the other day and I just looked at her like, "how the heck can you do that?"  I'm convinced a skunk is going to come from under our front steps one day and spray me.  I've never seen a skunk in my neighborhood, but I swear one is just waiting for me.  Everyday when I leave my house I look under the front step
  • Options
    I have an extreme aversion to honeycomb, I can't look at it without the urge to vomit.   Therefore I rarely eat honey or drink mead. It's the pattern more than anything.I have to make the bed before I get in it, but will rarely make it in the morning.Other than that, spiders and scorpions creap me the F out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I am ridiculously claustraphobic. For example, I have to step into my wedding dress because I can't put it over my head.  I also can't take elevators.I've mentioned this before, but I hate needles going under my skin. I have tattoos, and I wasn't bothered because the needle was scratching my skin, not going under it. I'm afraid the needle will break off under my skin or in my vein. All doors must be closed all the time. I don't look in mirrors when I'm home alone.
  • Options
    I also must make the bed before I go to bed at night, but never make it in the morning. I am afraid of waitstaff or ordering take out. The kitchen must be clean before I go to bed at night. I am terrified of skunks and won't let the dogs out at night or early in the morning if I haven't banged on the door and jumped up and down on the deck first.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
  • Options
    Everytime I go out of town, I worry that we need to eat all the food in the refridgerator, even if it is for 3 days. I have trouble sleeping if my ears are not covered by the blanket or a pillow or my hair. I am afraid of shots anywhere but in my mouth or on my face (dentist, botox, and collagen are not scary at all to me.) I get anxious and highly irritable when packing and I get mad if people talk to me while I am trying to pack.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I cant/wont eat in the dark. I have to have full light on in order to eat.
  • Options
    Oh, this is the PERFECT post for me... Where do I start??I am unlike most of you in that I can't sleep unless my feet are uncovered and hanging off the bed. I am terrified of cardboard boxes. I can't open them due to the awful sound they make when those cardboard pieces are rubbing against each other. ::shudder::I count my steps. All of them. Once I get to my destination, the count is over. I re-start at one the next time I get up.When I am talking, I am spelling each word in my head. Everything has to be symmetrical--especially mantles. It has to be exactly even on each side or I freak.If my hands are dry, I freak. This is why I hate the winter.I have panic attacks if my feet get "trapped" in the sheet. I also freak if fi drapes his arm across me when we are laying down. I feel like I am going to suffocate.OK, I think that's all for now...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i have an unhealthy fear of becoming paralyzed.
  • Options
    I am terrified of cardboard boxes. I can't open them due to the awful sound they make when those cardboard pieces are rubbing against each other. ::shudder::OMG me too!!! i thought i was going to get fired when our offices moved in July and I had to decline when my boss instructed me to "break down" the cardboard boxes. I can't think about it. I was willing to lose my job over it!
  • Options
    Dry hands freak me out too!! Enough so that many times I hate washing my hands in public because the dyness bothers me more than the germs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards