New York-New York City

To wait a year or two?

My fiancee and I have been talking about getting married for a while, and now that we're finally engaged we know it's time to buckle down and get a move on.  Our biggest question is do we just shoot for getting married in 2011 or do we save as much as we can and wait till 2012?

Re: To wait a year or two?

• snyc2011snyc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this depends on many things that are personal, such as your relationship, finances, what kind of and size wedding you want, etc.  Don't feel pressured to run and get married, do what feels right. 
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly,  We had 1.5 yrs and it was too long. I agree with PP that it depends on your situation, but you can easily plan a fabulous wedding in 6 months, and sometimes get great deals since if vendors aren't booked they may not get another booking. Leaves you in a better place for negotiations.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm waiting for close to 2 years! It does seem like a while, but we really needed the time to save! Time does fly though, even though there are moments where it drags a bit, it's been really great to just enjoy being engaged. It's fun to have everyone gush and ask about the wedding - why not wait and take your time? Believe me it's so much less stressful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards