Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I really like...

the use of rose colored gold in e-rings and wedding bands. Your thoughts?[img]http://tinyurl.com/yhbagzr[/img][img]http://tinyurl.com/yz6eo5w[/img]sorry if huge... I don't get tinypic

Re: I really like...

• Options
    I have always loved rose gold.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't like it for an e-ring.  I would like it for a fun right hand ring though.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I looked at a few that I really liked with rose gold, but most of them looked too close to yellow gold for my tastes.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Personally, I hate the color gold (even rose gold). If it isn't silver in color, it isn't my thing. But that being said, those rings are pretty, I would just never wear them.
  • Options
    I luuuurve rose gold.  I like it for e-rings and wedding band.  I have a rose gold watch that I absolutely adore as well.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I only like white gold, platinum, silver ect. I dont like any color gold. Just MHO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Meh... NMS.
  • Options
    I agree with Mandy. It's pretty, but NMS. I would buy a right hand ring in rose gold though. I think it would eventually look dated, and I wanted something that would be classic for my e-ring.
  • Options
    I don't like rose or yellow gold.
  • Options
    I don't really like rose gold...I personally think it looks brassy.
  • Options
    Not my style. I personally don't like yellow or colored gold. White gold for me please.
  • Options
    I've always been a little unenthused by rose gold.  To me, it's always looked a little off and not real, even though I know it's real.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Very pretty.  My e-ring is both white and yellow gold.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Showing my ignorance: I have never heard of or seen rose gold before.
  • Options
    I agree with Mandy. It's pretty, but NMS. I would buy a right hand ring in rose gold though. I think it would eventually look dated, and I wanted something that would be classic for my e-ring. Actually you two may be on to something with the right hand ring here. ::shoots glance in mike's direction::However, don't you think a lot of our parent's wedding rings look dated? Or are those chunky yellow gold things, 'classic.' I am sure my daughter will not be wanting a princess cut diamond, you know?
  • Options
    The first ring is very pretty. I prefer rose gold, yellow gold, platinum and almost every other metal to white gold. I cannot stand how white gold starts to turn yellow and the idea of having to dip it every few months makes it even less appealing.
  • Options
    You're right Meg - a lot of older rings look dated. My mom's was white gold too though (she got married in the late 70's) and I think it's classic. I wanted to use it for my ering, but didn't want to alter it since it reminds me of her so much. I tied it into my bouquet instead.
  • Options
    Threadjack:  I have heard so much about white gold turning yellow.  But I've had one white gold ring for over two years and it has yet to start this turning yellow thing.  Is this abnormal?

• Options
    I have a bunch of white gold rings and never once have I had to have any of them dipped. My e-ring is approximately 40 years old (it was my grandmother's) and is white gold and I asked her about this and she said it's been the same color since she got it.  I had no idea white gold changed colors until this message board.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Actually, I was thinking the same thing J&K... I have yet to see evidence of this turning yellow thing on any of the white gold pieces I own.
  • Options
    My e-ring is rose gold and platinum (check the pic in my bio). I get lots of compliments. It definitely gives it a nice added pop and it's unique.
  • Options
    I am a big fan of rose gold (I think coz my Grandma RIP used to wear it), Personally I love Rose gold with peach morganite, just stunning, plus because it's nowhere near as expensive as diamond you can get a whacking great rock with diamonds on the outside or in the setting for a fraction of the price.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for humoring my threadjack guys.  I'm glad I'm not alone.  I am considering getting it dipped just because one side is brushed and the other is polished, and the brushed side is slowing wearing to be more shiny, and I like the textured look a lot better.  We get free dipping for the life of the ring, so I might do that pretty soon here.

• Options
    White gold can turn yellow in a couple months to a few years. Depends on the thickness of the plating, the color of the metal that the ring is actually made of and sometimes body chemistry.  Just because your ring isn't turning yellow now doesn't mean you shouldn't have it dipped. I would ask a jeweler.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the first one (too much going on for my taste) but I think the second one is beautiful!I wouldn't worry about stuff looking dated. When I got married the first time everyone seemed to have yellow gold bands with tiffany-set diamonds. Now 80% of wedding rings for women have channel diamonds going through them and are in white gold. Get what you like, because you can't really predict what's going to look dated.
  • Options
    My white gold ring starts to turn yellow and dull underneath (if I look at the palm of my hand, the part of the band right there that I can see). I think because I am always touching it right there with my thumb, I don't know why, just a weird habit I guess. I have gotten it cleaned and rhodium plated twice already because it starts getting dull and yellow, but, I can get it cleaned and plated free whenever I want, so it isn't a big deal to me. I like my ring shiny and sparkly.
  • Options
    I like platinum and white gold the best, but I like rose gold much better than yellow gold. But gold is harder to take care of than platinum, which is why I'm quite satisfied with my e-ring. ;-)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    However, don't you think a lot of our parent's wedding rings look dated?My mom was married in '79 and she had a marquis diamond set in white gold. I prefer round or oval stones, but it's not bad at all, and fairly classic looking, not 70s looking! However, I think at the time yellow gold rings were more "traditional." She just doesn't like it.I also have an antique e-ring that I think looks very pretty, so I might be biased!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards