Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Crazy Neighbor Story

Since it's slow I will tell you the latest update, but first a little background.I have a neighbor 2 houses down that is off his rocker nuts. He only comes out a few times a day. Twice to feed the pigeons, and then at night to stalk the neighborhood and take pictures of anyone outside.He has been known to come onto other peoples property, and take pictures inside our houses. CREEPER!So yesterday morning, someone called the cops on him for taking pictures of kids getting on the school bus. Long story short, 2 paddy wagons, and 5 cop cars show up. Interview him for an hour and a half. At one point they had him cuffed. After resisting officers AND refusing to give his name, they decide to let him go. Awsome. Everyone in our area is livid.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crazy Neighbor Story

• Options
    Wow- a crazy neighbor PLUS dumbass cops.  Why would they let him go after they already had him cuffed?
  • Options
    That is scary. What a fuucking weirdo. Does anyone know why he does this? Does he have family to keep him in line?
  • Options
    Wow that's nuts! The cops must be a little senile, too.
  • Options
    Wait, does he somehow get IN the houses to take pictures, or just like stands at windows and photographs in?  CREEPY either way.
  • Options
    That's nuts.  He's going to do something even more serious.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    He stands outside taking pictures into our houses.
  • Options
    That's super creepy... is he older or younger? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.
  • Options
    *** = A$$          Hole
  • Options
    I've never gotten a good look at him, since I have only seen him in daylight once.I would say he's maybe mid to late 30's
  • Options
    Oooh. I was thinking it was an old man. I don't know why, but mid 30's is even creepier to me.
  • Options
    Aren't there peeping tom laws? I would think that taking pictures inside of a strangers house would qualify...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Yeah, younger does sort of seem scarier -- maybe because it seems like they should be of sound mind and not facing senility, dementia, etc.  I wonder if he has a psychological condition or if he is just perverse?
  • Options
    Just because he was handcuffed doesn't mean that he was under arrest.  Often, police handcuff for personal safety reasons -especially if the people are crazy or have a known history of violence.If they interviewed him for 1 1/2 hours, its possible that they realized that there was nothing they could legally do, so they had to let him go.Trust me, if these cops know him and are suspicious of him, they would have jumped at ANY legal chance to arrest him.  Not arguing that cops are infalliable, but often, it's not a matter of the police not doing their jobs, as many people are quick to accuse them of.  It's a matter of their hands being tied.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He's super scary. We don't know what he does with these pictures, IF there's film really in there. Does he have a dark room in his house? It's not a digital camera. When does he leave to print them off, if he does at all. Or does he just keep the rolls of film stored somewhere? Maybe he prints them and is some psycho with our picture up all on his wall??
  • Options
    I would develop the pictures and cut out just the eyes and lips and tape them to everthing in my home. But that's just me.
  • Options
    We call the cops when we see him out, but by the time they get there he usually is back in the house or on his property. In order for us to file anything we would have to install a camera on our property. No one wants to spend hundreds of dollars for this creeper. He does however have a camera on his front porch that points across his door towards our direction. But who knows if its real or a dummy.
  • Options
    Too bad there is not a law againist being creppy. I think the next time I saw him out, I would take pictures or video tape him.  Start going outside and taking pictures of his house. See how he reacts?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    cew- Wasn't that in "Mad Love"?
  • Options
    We don't usually try to get him started. I personally think it's only a matter of time before he snaps, to be honest. We do defend ourselves and each other though. If he's out screaming at our neighbors, eveyone who hears it or is out will scream at him. The house next to him went up for sale, he came out at barked at the guy and the realtor.. I heard he even spit on one and got arrested for it. This summer, the guy who lives between us had a tree branch fall on his roof in a big storm. So he had all these companies out to fix his roof and such. They had all these loud trucks and whatnot. I guess that creepo neighbor (who is right next to this poor guy) came out in his yard and was screaming at the top of his lungs. Not saying anything, just screaming and pacing. Then, he'd go back in for a bit, and come back out and do the same thing.
  • Options
    It sounds like this guy has some serious psychological issues going on.  He sounds like some of the patients we have in our Home Health program and, if it was this bad, we'd call Adult Protective Services.  But there is only so much that they can do, especially if the guy is taking care of himself, etc.This is definitely a weird situation.
  • Options
    Too bad there is not a law againist being creppy.So true!I'd make sure you have your blinds closed 24/7.
  • Options
    cew- Wasn't that in "Mad Love"? Ooooh. You are right. I used to love that movie. Was it lips and eyes or just eyes?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards