Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WWYD in St. Lucia

FI and I are going to St. lucia Grande for our honeymoon in November. It's all inclusive.We are deciding between 1 of the 2 extras. Should we get a couple massage or eat a private dinner right on the water.WWYD? :)We are stuck because really, we can get a massage anywhere....but also the private dinner on the beach seems silly to pay for when it's an AI place...
BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WWYD in St. Lucia

• Options
    I'd do the massage and do dinner at a nice restaurant, but not necessarily a private dinner. But if you can only do one or the other... well, I'm a foodie. :-)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would go with the massage. I'm not sure about the logistics of the dinner. The table might be wobbly in the sand, the texture on my feet while I was eating would be weird, the ocean spray as you try to eat....Romantic in theory, I don't know about execution though.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Ooh I'm going there in December as one of our ports of call
  • Options
    I'd do a couples massage since you'll be eating together the whole time anyway. Just make sure they don't try some kind of surcharge BS for the happy ending.
  • Options
    We went to the Sandals Regency for our honeymoon and did the dinner on the beach and we really enjoyed it - we didn't have any problems with the table being unstable at all and it was really nice for us to have the private dinner
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hehe...happy ending. One of my girlfriends, who is an attorney, told me there is a guy at Green Valley Ranch spa that gives women happy endings. I really want to know what that means!! Like touching, oral, sex....?? I am so confused. I aso wonder if my husband has ever had a happy ending. He says no, but growing up in Vegas with hundreds and hundreds of "Massage Parlors" it seems like everyoe would have tried it at one point. If I was a teen boy I think I would have bought some all the time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would take the massage. We had a couple's massage during our hm in Jamaica. It was amazing! While we were there, I saw several of the private beach dinners get canceled because it started raining in the evenings or the wind was too strong or whatever reason. I think they would have been a lot of fun though! Just for the risk of the dinner being perfect, I would opt for the massage.Whichever you choose will be great though, I'm sure!
  • Options
    Oh and to answer the question, I dont know. I guess massage is better, but the private dinner seems luxurious too. Splurge for both!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A female happy ending? Sign me up! Just kidding. That would be weird. I don't know how guys do it. I would be creeped out.
  • Options
    Erm, I suppose I should actually answer your question instead of just Aw-ing. I say go for the massage
  • Options
    didn't even think how we'd feel if the weather dind't work out and dinner got cancelled! good point.
    BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    While we were in St Lucia it only rained on one day hard enough to cancel one of our excursions but we were able to reschedule or refund it if we wanted to. Even then it was only for about an hour or so and the rest of the day it was beautiful out. From what everyone told us there it's rare for it to rain all day long but they do usually get a little bit of rain most days
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yeah cew...a female happy ending just grosses me out. I think women are generally pickier and if there was no attraction with the guy, it would just be eww. I think generally men are less picky and would go with the flow. That's a pretty sexist statement huh?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sexist? maybe. Truthful? Heck yes.
  • Options
    I would go for the couples massage!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late (stupid computer croaked) but we did the romantic dinner on the beach and it was lovely!  We also did the couple's massage but Mr. B didn't enjoy it much.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    The table might be wobbly in the sand, the texture on my feet while I was eating would be weird, the ocean spray as you try to eat....Romantic in theory, I don't know about execution though.It wasn't like this at all.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I think couples massagse are SO over rated. They charge you more than double a regular, yet its the same freaking things. DH and I have done 3 of them, and every time we talk about how lame they are and how from now on we will just do individual ones (but we keep getting them as gifts). I think its more relaxing to be by yourself than to hear the other person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards