Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PSA: Citibank Did it Again!

I always pay my balance in full each billing cycle... For the last three years, my due date has been the 1st of the month. Except once last year and [i]today[/i]. They made my due date today. It's the 30th - not the first... The last time they did this, I called and asked for an explanation because I incurred a late fee. They said they moved the date up "for my convenience" since I always pay in full... WTF??? Of course they just want to catch me off guard and have me pay a late fee... Check your card statements.

Re: PSA: Citibank Did it Again!

• Options
    ::kicks Citibank::
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Booo Citibank. (threadjack) Can I have your e-mail, Expat?  Or if you don't want to post it here, can you e-mail me at thefitbride at gmail dot com?    
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I always pay mine at least 5 days before the due date because of this.  It floats around...
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    Did you ask for a credit of the late fee?  Ususally they will credit it back as a courtesy.
  • Options
    The only time I can see moving a financial due date as a "convenience" would be to move it further away!  The only time moving a due date closer is if you're pregnant!  Oh wait, that was baby related, I'm sorry. 
  • Options
    maybe because the 1st is a Sunday? Sometimes my card will do that.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Fish - Thanks - I hope it hurt! Hahaha, Stacyeye! Capri - Yes, they did waive the fee after I attacked them over the phone. I could have mentioned that, but it would have made them look better ;) Brie, emailing you...
  • Options
    To be fair, the first is on a Sunday, so technically you can't pay it then. But that's still sh*tty of them. Good thing you called. I'm sure they'll wave the late fee.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Ive noticed the due dates on a number of my bills move around slightly, I always pay it about half a month in advance so that it really doesnt matter when its due.
  • Options
    Exactly, noonie, exactly...
  • Options
    YGM back Expat.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Ooh, Citibank made me so mad this week. They jacked up my APR to 25.99%. I never carry a balance on that card, but I sure as heck called them to cancel my account. They tried to offer me a dicount on my next purchase if I wanted to keep the account open. Yeah, no. Not happening.
  • Options
    Odd. I had to get a finance charge credited back to my account last week.I never carry a balance on any of my CCs and all of the sudden one showed up even though I paid my last statement in full and early.On the phone, the customer service rep finally told me that I had a balance of $2.57 on the CC for a month in which I did not receive the statement. She continues to tell me that they won't send a statement if the balance is LOW. EXCUSE ME? So instead, they withheld the bill and charged me a finance fee?  They credited it back, but I am never trusting my statements again.Hope you get it all resolved, expat.
  • Options
    I did notice this today and was able to make the payment before it would be late... But if I would have paid bills tomorrow - as I usually do - I'd be late :(
  • Options
    hahaThe new banking policies kicke in 11/1/09,  I bank @ Bank of New York and they sent a review of the new regs 30 days before hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards