Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invites with the guest(s) name on them

Hello...... Im trying to find a place that sells invitations with the a space to hand write the guest name(s) on the actual invitation. I think it would add more of personal touch for the guests. I also think they'll be more inclined to keep them than just throw them away. If anyone knows of a place where I can get them here in the US that would be great. Most places ive found are in the UK and thier quite a bit more expensive. all suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you!!

Re: Invites with the guest(s) name on them

• Options
    I don't know what you really mean by a space, but envelopes are blank on the front, so could you not consider the whole front a space? I'm confused. Can you provide an example?
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    You mean like birthday invites from Hallmark?Who:Where:What:RSVP by:
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Why do you care if people save your invite?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I really don't think people are going to save your invite, even if you put their names on it.
  • Options
    If anything, I think it would look cheap.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Is this what you mean?
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the idea but you might try Etsy and just get custom invitations.
  • Options
    I doubt anyone will keep the invites regardless of how cool they are. Sorry...
  • Options
    Cranes If you choose them, let me know beacause I have a place  that discouts 25 -30%.  AND they are very,very good
  • Options
    Oh I see, ok. For some reason I translated invites as envelopes. Sleep deprivation.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Silly whit.  Because that would actually make sense.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Shelly, if I'm not mistaken, I believe those are the most formal invitations. OP, if you are going that route, 1) please use a caligrapher and 2) does the rest of your wedding match up to the formality?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Those are interesting invitations. I actually keep some wedding invitations, usually only those from people I am really close to.
  • Options
    ANY invitation company should leave a blank line if you request it - just ask for a proof to ensure it's done correctly. My sister had her son's RSVP card with a blank line and instead of M_______________, they inserted the guests' names in the same font as the invitation. They received a lot of compliments on them and it alleviated the problem how to insesrt Doctor and Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards