Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Screw you, Halloween!

So this will be the second or third year in a row that I won't be able to celebrate Halloween they way I'd like to. Is that selfish? Sure. But my plans were washed down the toilet (once again this year) and DH has a headache and just yelled at me for throwing our pumpkin in the trash. Why did I throw it in the trash? I was trying to carve it (w/o any help, thankyouverymuch) and the stem came off. I got pissed & threw it in the trash can.

Re: Screw you, Halloween!

• Options
    Halloween sucks anyways.
  • Options
    I used to go to a Hallowe'en party every year.  I haven't gone for 4 years now because I usually get stuck working.This year, it's a saturday Hallowe'en and I actually don't have to work. I was invited to 3 parties. yest I'm staying home with the kids. Remind me why I said yes to that?
  • Options
    Nebb, I love Halloween. I have $25 worth of halloween candy hoping kids come by. This is our first year in this complex, and although there are a CRAP ton of kids, we're not sure if they'll go door to door or not. Maybe I'll sit w/my laptop at the top of my stairs with my bowl of candy. Although that sounds creepy too. I'm just slightly bummed that not even J is in the mood to celebrate. I have tons of chocolate & peanut butter goodness and daquiris. But no one to share them with.
  • Options
    Well, my dear Colleen, if you weren't oh, 2348493479837 miles away in Canadaland, maybe we could comiserate together.Oh, and it's because you're a good mom :D
  • Options
    I have tons of chocolate & peanut butter goodness and daquiris. But no one to share them with.Then don't share!! I have beer and pizza and candy corn all to myself! Well, B is eating candy corn, but he's in football mode, so I might as well have it to myself.
  • Options
    You had me at chocolate, peanut butter, and daquiris. Want to come over? I've been on the couch all day watching movies on tv...blah. No FI = insta-lamo.
  • Options
    Aw...I hope you feel better scoetto.
  • Options
    C'mon over Kate! We can play Wii Sports Resort & Wii Monopoly. I'll throw J in the bedroom. Hope you're not allergic to cats.
  • Options
    Thanks, AC! What are you all doing tonight?
  • Options
    Scoetto, if I weren't paranoid that I have germs, I would totally crash your party! I still think I might have a bug :(
  • Options
    Just going out for dinner with DH. But tomorrow I'm going to my sister's house and 7 of my nieces and nephews will be there in costume. Yay!!It's kind of lame...my friends are having a halloween party but I don't really want to go because I'm too pregnant to wear a good slutty costume plus I can't drink (and this is *definitely* a slut-o-ween crowd).
  • Options
    OH I totally understand AC! I was invited to two parties, but J doesn't drink anymore but I do. He won't go to a party where he knows EVERYONE will be wastedpants (it's that type of crowd) and I don't want to go parties by myself knowing I'll be tempted to be wastedpants. We were going to take my niece trick-or-treating, but J's sister asked us not to come over. We had been planning on this for awhile and didn't have a back up plan.Kate, I hope you feel better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards