Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Groom's gift...

Bought FI a wallet -  he wanted one.  Now what should I put in it?  I am going to put some cash...but can anyone think of something else?

Re: Groom's gift...

• Options
    Maybe a photo of the two of you? Would that be ghey? FI has a silly note I scribbled onto register paper from 7 years ago folded up in his wallet. He refuses to get rid of it. :) Maybe something special like that?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cash?  That's kind of weird.  Like, hey, I'm paying you to marry me.Ditto the picture, maybe a sentimental note.  Not cash though.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    cash seems kinda weird to me. but thats because i tend to think married couples sort of share money anyway, though in your case that may not neccessarily be true. i would put a nice letter for him in there, or gift cards for an activity he loves (gokarts, golf, etc)    
  • Options
    Well - it's bad luck to leave it empty - not that I have to follow those silly rules...but I was going to put some cash and a note saying what the cash was for...we've had an inside joke going for awhile now and it would go along with the joke - as to what the cash was for.  But Idk, I wanted something else besides just the wallet.  He is getting me something more...
  • Options
    I second the gift card idea. I think that would be great. Something he can do with his boys.
  • Options
    a gift card to his favorate store or a store that you think is ridiculous to spend money at... but he loves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!  I think I'll write a nice note and get a gift card!
  • Options
    Do you have a Jillian's or Dave & Busters by you? That would be awesome. Beer & Video Games. Every boy's dream.
  • Options
    Yeah...he's more into computer games though - so I know just what to get him.
  • Options
    a shiny new 2009 coin?That's what is done in my family but I don't really know why.  Something about being bad luck to give it empty.Along the line of not giving knives without a coin?  I don't know where that came from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards