Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

wtf abc family?

The countdown to the 25 days of Christmas?  Isn't that a countdown itself?  So...a countdown to a countdown.  Right.(I really don't hate Christmas, I swear.)
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: wtf abc family?

• Options
    Interesting...
  • Options
    That would start Thursday, correct? Good Lord. I saw 54 days til Christmas over the weekend, and about hurled.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    They did that last year, too.
  • Options
    Starting Christmas months ahead of time is really making me hate Christmas. I emailed Target a few weeks ago and told them that Christmas music in October was obnoxious. I'm the grinch.
  • Options
    I drove past 2 houses last night with their christmas lights up already. It filled me with such joy and merriment. I would love to count down to the 25 days of christmas. I love christmas!!
  • Options
    I plan on putting my Christmas decorations up next weekend while my FI is out of town.  I normally put them up the weekend after my birthday (November 13th), but we'll be out of town.
  • Options
    It's ok sucrets. I am the grinch. I hate Christmas. Especially when they want to start it before Halloween even happened. Christmas is crappy. There. I said it.
  • Options
    I do love Christmas.  But it belongs in DECEMBER.   Not before Thanksgiving.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We're driving to Boston for Thanksgiving (yes, driving. 1000 miles.  Ugh.) and having Christmas with FI's family while we're there since we're staying here with my family for Christmas this year.  So, I get to do the countdown twice, basically.  At least the second one involves a 70 mile drive, instead of 1000. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Technically speaking it is after thanksgiving, to me atleast!
  • Options
    I agree with Sucrets, Christmas after Thanksgiving = awesome, Christmas before Halloween = obnoxious.Mostly I say that from when I worked retail and had to listen to Christmas music from mid-October until mid-January.I just told dh we had a budget for Christmas decorations this year if we get the house, now he is a sad man :(
  • Options
    Yeah not a fan of that....I'm a huge Christmas nut, but shoot give Thanksgiving its due first at least.  When I went to Rite Aid last week they already had boxes of candy canes and ornaments sitting next to the picked over Halloween candy
  • Options
    Not only that..it really bothered me that they are starting like next week. I didn't get it (blonde moment), but DH explained they might only show movies on the weekends. Heaven forbid they start December 1st. Next year it will start November 1st.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was at Michaels today, and they were playing christmas music.  made me poke and puke
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eh, it's because they do a big 25 days of Christmas t/ movie event. Silly nonetheless
  • Options
    Sucrets--you're such a christmas hater.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Where I work, we started putting Christmas stuff out IN JULY!!!!! I happen to love Christmas, but that's just way too much....
  • Options
    I LOVE Christmas but today I saw someone had decorated their house already.  Too far, man, TOO FAR!  Then again I listen to Christmas music year round.  I judge myself.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    Wait, are we seriously upset about Christmas programming and starting too soon? I love that they have this "countdown" to the actually "countdown". I say this only because sometimes with these cold winter evenings ALL I want to do is stay in snuggled up on my couch and watch some fun television. When I glanced at the line-up they just have fun, classic movies that will be airing and I for one won't complain.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards