Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Two aisles at our church...

Hello All!Just wanted to pick your minds about the church where we are having our wedding. It has two aisles that are rather short, which is not ideal, but it's the only church big enough to accomodate our guests that is near our reception venue. Any ideas as to how we can use this to our advantage or how to make the best of it? Thanks so much!

Re: Two aisles at our church...

• Options
    Have you DD'd today? I remember your name from today sometime, but the only post it shows you making is this one.
  • Options
    Ditto PP - that's what I was gonna say.
  • Options
    Georgia, she's the one who asked about her FMIL's dress.  And yes, it's gone.  Shocking.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    You could do the processional on one aisle and the recessional on the other aisle.
  • Options
    The ones I've seen like this, they bride and BMs did the processional down the left-center aisle, as if it were a middle aisle. Then after the ceremony, the did the recessional up the right-center aisle. Family sat in the middle section, friends of bride sat on the left, and friends of groom sat on the right.
  • Options
    The church has 3 sections of pews and the aisles are equally off center-if that makes sense? lol.
  • Options
    People should refuse to help you on principle.  DD'ing is a cardinal sin. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Okay, well that's all the info I need to be of no help whatsoever.
  • Options
    I'm not going to bother answering, since you obviously place little value in my advice.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not sure what DD'ing is? And I'm sorry to have upset anyone. I didn't give all the details and apparently should have. I wasn't trying to cause any trouble, just was venting as this is one of several other things that have happened, and as ridiculous as it seems, it was just the thing that caused me to snap a little. Yes, I deleted it, because I understand that it's something I shouldn't be so upset about, but it was just in light of several other things and I shouldn't have posted without giving all the background info.
  • Options
    For future reference, we don't appreciate you deleting threads because we all take time to respond and when you delete, it suggests that you didn't get the validation you were seeking and thus, we won't want to help you again.
  • Options
    I think its fine if your FMIL wears black to your wedding.
  • Options
    Also, someone else might come along with the same question (you weren't venting, FYI, you asked several questions.  We were answering them), and not be able to get the help that we gave.  No one was particularly mean to you.  I think the worst thing that was said "Get over it."  We get asked a lot of the same questions over and over, and now someone might come ask that, where they really wouldnt' have needed to if you had just left your post up.

• Options
    I would send your BMs down one aisle, but make sure your FMIL goes down the other.You know, so no one confuses her with a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    My sincere apologies. I hadn't considered that, and it makes perfect sense. That was my first post and didn't consider that.
  • Options
    If you saw you were over reacting, you should have made a comment in the thread to that effect. Deleting a post makes it look like you're a small child who is taking all their toys and going home because some one upset her and she doesn't want to play anymore.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    OK - apology accepted.  One PP mentioned that having the wedding party walk up one aisle and down the other.  I like that idea.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good, now don't do it again ;)I agree, you can walk in one aisle and out the other.  Or if you don't want BM and GM to walk in together, the guys could walk in one side and the women the other. 

• Options
    Now that this is all sorted out.Our church has two aisles. We are having the ladies walk up the left aisle (as you're facing the altar) and the gentlemen walk up the right. They will meet in the middle (ours has a middle) and then walk up to the alter and go to their respective sides.Also our coordinator at the church advised us that the processional I will walk in on the left and then for the recessional me and my then H will walk out to the right (which will be our left).Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    The church my brother was married in was the same way. To make it even more difficult the entrance to the church was on the same side as the altar. One of the aisles had a stair way to the basement at the back so they used that one for the processional. It was neat because it looked like the wedding party came out of nowhere. I'm sure it will be fine if you just pick one aisle, or like PPs said do the processional down one and recessional down the other.
  • Options
    My childhood church was like this.  Superstition is/was that the bride should enter and exit the church for the ceremony the same way, so most people just ignored one of the aisles. However, I like the idea of the bridesmaids coming up one and GM coming up the other.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    My cousin's wedding was in a church with 2 aisles. I didn't like it. She walked down, and back up, on the same side...which couldn't have been any firther away from me. I barely got to see her. I say walk down one side, go back up on the other side so everyone can see. Other than that, ehh...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Definitely liking the using both aisles thing. I'm also trying to figure out a song that sort of builds that I could use for everyone to walk down to and that I could also walk down to. I'm afraid of having bits and pieces of music if I use different songs since the aisle isn't really long and it won't take people long to walk down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards