Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WWYD - probably over thinking this...

...actually, I definitely am, but I like you guys and your opinions sooooo here goes :)If the RD the groom's parents are hosting is much fancier than the wedding the next day how would you dress as a guest? On the one hand you want to dress to fit the venue (a very upscale restaurant), but on the other hand, you don't want to 'overshadow' what you are wearing to the next days events at a modest function hall. Also, I may be over thinking this because I am close with the bride and I know she was a bit annoyed at the elaborate direction the groom's parents took with the rehearsal dinner. Maybe I am just being over sensitive to her? I usually over dress for things if anything but this time I am kind of torn...

Re: WWYD - probably over thinking this...

• Options
    I would err on the side of not hurting my friend's feelings and dress less formally. That is super awkward.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I'd probably dress similarly. Cocktail dresses to both. Is the wedding, like, a BBQ/picnic where they want you to dress down? Because otherwise, a cocktail dress is pretty much my solution to wedding wear. And it's good for dinner at restaurants too. I can't imagine the RD would require gowns and gloves.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would dress to match the venue for both. I know you're just trying to be sensitive to the bride, but I honestly don't think she'll even really notice what you're wearing on both days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    What are you planning on wearing to the wedding? Could you get away with wearing a cocktail dress/LBD to both events? That way it would be similar. And I know you have tons of cute dresses. I've been stalking you.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Thank ladies! I will probably wear a LBD to the Rd with fun accessories and my RD dress to the wedding. I know the dress I wore to my RD may be a bit much but oh welllll.and thanks Meg ;)
  • Options
    YW! Stalking is fun. :)
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    I'd check with your friend/the bride, and see what she's wearing. I think a LBD would be perfect. But this reminds me of that joke, where the MOB and FOB are divorced. The MOB had gone to a lot of trouble to find the perfect dress for her daughter's wedding, only to find out that the FOB's new wife chose the exact same dress. The bride was upset for her mother, who told her not to worry, she had another dress she could wear to the wedding, and had the perfect occasion to wear the original dress. The bride asked "where are you wearing the original dress?" MOB says quietly, "Why the rehearsal dinner, of course!".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards