Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Recipes

Ive lurked around for a while so I know you ladies have tons of delicious receipes!FI has been asking me to make soup and chili these days and I dont have any recipes for either..So does anyone have any good recipes theyd like to share?Thanks : )

Re: Recipes

• Options
    Honestly, for chili, I just brown some chili, add some stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, a few kinda of beans, and let it simmer. Soup and chili are great because you can do them with anything in your pantry. Add cooked meat, some tomatoes, chicken stock, and any veggies you like, then spice to taste.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I mean for chili I brown some turkey.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I have a GREAT recipe for chili that's a little different--uses lentils instead of beans.  I'm too lazy to repost, but if you click my blog link and the Recipes tab it's under there.  Trust me, it's awesome.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Tell me you have a crockpot!  DH and I make french onion soup, clam/seafood chowder, cream of brocolli, potato leek, beef chili, turkey chili... all in the crockpot.  Sooo good.  Take your pick!
  • Options
    Chili is pretty easy and definelty delicous... Mine is browned ground chicken, can of red beans, can of white beans, can of tomatoes, tomato sauce.... then as many veggies as i have on hand... peppers, celery, onions, carrots and frozen corn.Thats tomorrows dinner!
  • Options
    Brie--ill defintely take a look, thank you!Sun--the french onion and beef chili please : )
  • Options
    Tim found this online and made it a few weeks ago. It was delicious!http://chaosinthekitchen.com/2009/10/chicken-pot-pie-soup-over-mashed-potatoes/
  • Options
    that does sound really good, jajph! Thank you!
  • Options
    Brown 1 lb turkey, onion, and 1 small can green chillisAdd 1 pkg taco seasoning, 1 pkg ranch dip mix, frozen corn, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can rotel, 1 can pinto beans.Simmer for 30 min.  We eat ours with some tortilla chips and cheese on top....yuuummmmo
  • Options
    I c&p'd these from Allrecipes dot com (where I get pretty much all of my recipes)... they are the same ones I have had in my recipe book forever.BEEF CHILI 2 pounds ground beef 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce 2 medium onions, chopped 1 green pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons chili powder 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon pepper Shredded Cheddar cheese Cook beef, drain juice/fat.  Add beef plus all other ingredients (except cheese) to the crockpot.  Cook on low for 8-20 hours, or on med/high for 6-8.... I can't find the french onion soup online, I know I got it from allrecipes though.  I'll find it at home and will page you in a new thread if you want, it really is amazing.
  • Options
    If you have a crockpot, check out: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/Or you could just do what I do: cook whatever meat is handy.  Put in pot with whatever veggies are handy, or canned or frozen.  Add cx broth.  Season.
  • Options
    You could try looking in the recipe collection put together by the ladies of AFB (Advice From Brides, now called Snarky Brides - but they cook great) and NEY. Here's the link to the collection - the recipes are easy to follow and don't have 10000000 ingredients: http://www.grouprecipes.com/group/398
  • Options
    everything sounds so good! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards