Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower Invite Question

I do not think this has been asked recently so...I am from Philly but live in Boston so my mom and sis are going to plan 2 small showers. They are asking about who to invite from Boston. A good amount of the guests on our wedding list and friends of FI from work (all guys) and childhood friends parents. Some of the women I know, but some I don't know well or have never met. Should I invite them to the shower just because they are invited to the wedding (as guests of guys that we are inviting) or just keep it to people that I know.Thanks!

Re: Shower Invite Question

• Options
    Did you root for the Phillies or Yankees last night?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Either way. As long as they're invited to the wedding you can invite them to the shower.If you'd be more comfortable with a small-ish shower, let your mom and sister know. That would probably be my preference (I think I invited maybe 25-50% of the women on my side of the wedding invite list to the shower).
  • Options
    Shower guest lists are usually just the women you are closest to, not all of the women invited to the wedding.  You especially don't need to invite women you've never met or don't know very well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    IMO, shower guest lists should be limited to only your family and closest friends.  As a guest of a friend of your FI's, I would have no interest in showering you with gifts.  As a bride, I would find it uncomfortable and awkward to have random people at my shower.
  • Options
    Don't invite people you don't know.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Keep the guest list intimate.  If you don't know them well, it would be awkward for them to be invited, and awkward for you to have them there.  You sisters might want to consider a "couple's shower" and invite the guys along.  From what I understand, this usually works best if it is more of an informal BBQ w/ beer than a "typical" all girls bridal shower.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    First, I really recommend that you delete your knot account and sign up with a name that isn't your email address.  Unless that's an email that no one uses, it's just not a 'safe' thing to do.I'd keep the shower guests to the wedding guests that you are close to or to the very close ones to your FI.
  • Options
    no, only people you know...or close relatives of the groom.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I was thinking the same...my mom and sister wanted confirmation! I rooted for the fightin Phils of course. I totally woudl change my name but I have so many pics and stuff saved I would hate to lose them and I do not get much spam. If anyone knows a way to change my name and not lose my notebook, guest list and budget, please help! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards