Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Heirloom Ring

I LOOOVE  my engagement ring, it is beautiful and perfectly my style. That being said, my fi's grandmother has offered us a wedding band that her husband had given her that never fit. It is gorgeous and I really love the sentimental value of it (my fi was VERY close with his grandfather) BUT the two rings do not match whatsoever. They are the same color and stone (diamonds with white gold/platinum) but the style is completely different. Does anyone have any advice as to how we can use both? I've done a little local research about reshaping jewelry but most places won't work with platinum.. HELP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Heirloom Ring

• Options
    Wear your e-ring on your right hand.
  • Options
    Can we see pics?
  • Options
    Ditto Georgia.  My e-ring is from the 30s and didn't got with any wedding band so I wear it on my right hand.
  • Options
    I don't think my rings match but I wear them together. I agree. We need pics.
  • Options
    It sounds like you like your engagement ring more than the wedding band, so... can you have the wedding band reset, using the same metal and stones?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would go with the e-ring on the right hand too.  Personally though, I would hate to separate them, just cause I'm sentimental like that.  And I'm having the opposite problem.  My e-ring is an heirloom from my grandmother and I'm having a hard time finding a band that will look right with it.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    lauren--me too! I am going to look at more bands next week.  Oh and btw your wedding is on my birthday!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    1.  Get a plain platinum band to wear in between the two rings.  Sure, that means 3 rings on your finger, but might look just right. 2.  Get the wedding band re-sized or re-styled into a wedding band for FI.  It's HIS grandmother/grandfather's ring.
  • Options
    You could always get a wedding ring made to match your e-ring and then wear his g-ma's engagement ring on your right hand.
  • Options
    My rings are completely different:E ring is heirloom ring from 30s from DH's grandmother and is a solitaire with 3 emerald baguettes on each sideW. ring is round diamonds with miligrain detail in a geometric pattern.I LOVE how they are both different and the combination of sparkly shapes.See bio for pics:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 wedding bands and an engagement ring.  None of them match or go together in any way.  I just won't wear them at the same time.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I couldn't figure out a way to post pictures on here so they are now in my photos in my bio. Thanks for all the help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards