Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Static in hair

2»

Re: Static in hair

• Options
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    LV, I have that and it doesn't help :(
  • Options
    I have huge issues with this all winter long. I've done static guard before. Works but STINKS. I'm going to try the dryer sheet thing.
  • Options
    I too run a dryer sheet over my hair and it works well and makes me hair smell like clean laundry. Haha.
  • Options
    This is along the same lines of using a dryer sheet, but I used to mix liquid fabric softener (like Downy, for example) with an equal amount of warm water and pour it on my hair after a shower. No need to rinse, and no more static. :) Can't guarantee that this solution won't cause baldness in 5 or 10 years, but at least you won't be any angrier at your hair this week.
  • Options
    Hmm, if that doesn't work, then I'm not sure the lotion will work on your hair. Taht stuff is kinda an amped up version of lotion :/
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Spray your hairbrush with a little hairspray or static guard before brushing your hair.  It helps me a lot. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas girls!
  • Options
    I use Aveda's pommade when I style it. My hair is a frizzy mess without it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I didn't read all the responses so sorry if someone mentioned this, but a light leave in conditioner (like a spray one) can help a lot.  Also, if you blow dry your hair, dry it until it's still just a little bit damp, not completely bone dry.  I have static problems too, my hair is super fine. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards