Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Whoops. Scared some doctors

So I've had swine flu this week but haven't been febrile for more than 48 hours.  I went to a scheduled dermatology appointment.  Good, great, terrific.  I had to fill out a form that said, "Please mark any current or recent symptoms."  I marked fever and nausea, because I had them both this week.The resident came in with a mask on, all wide eyed, and said, "You have swine flu?"  I said, "No, I had swine flu this week.  I've been fever free for over 48 hours." She left.A while later the doctor came in without a mask and looked really relieved.  She said, "You gave us a scare.  We were going to have to do sanitization and innoculation and quarantine part of the building."  Whoops.  I suggested they differentiate recent and current symptoms on their form. 
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Whoops. Scared some doctors

• Options
    Hahaha!  Good suggestion!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, places with catch-all questionnaires like that tend to suck.  I filled out one for personal training once that asked if I "am currently, or have ever been under a doctor's order to restrict exercise."  Well, yeah, when I destroyed my shoulder my freshman year in high school I was.  Do you really want me to mark that NOW?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    LOL! Why are people freaking out so much over H1NI? Isn't it just a different strand of flu?
  • Options
    LOL! Why are people freaking out so much over H1NI? Isn't it just a different strand of flu? Seriously.  I don't think it's any more virulent than the regular flu.
  • Options
    It's because people alive now have no resistance to it and it's affecting a different population than the regular flu.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It's not good for immunosuppressed people to get.  I'm sure they don't like influenza outbreaks either.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Ahhh gotcha! I have no clue about this thing.
  • Options
    Well, I'm glad you're feeling better Night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards