Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

*meganbear*

When are you moving to AR and where to???I'm in Little Rock!
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: *meganbear*

• Options
    *bursts in*Someone broke my heart in littlerock so I upand left the pieces there...
  • Options
    (is that a reference I should know?  I'm really bad with stuff like that)

• Options
    Haha sorry, it's a song. I know it from the Marilyn Monroe movie "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"
  • Options
    I should know that.  Usually I'm good with songs.I swear, her bubble was still on when I posted this.  I have such a knack for paging people who are offline.

• Options
    One of my former friends was born in Little Rock, though her dad now lives in Illinois. One of my BMs/best friend was also born there (and grew up in Southern Illinois) but she won't really on up to it! I've never been, so I can't say if it's a nice place or not.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    HI Sucrets! I'm sorry I logged off right when you paged me! We are getting stationed at Little Rock, and I"m way excited. I got to visit the base and it is beautiful. How do you like the area?
    image"
  • Options
    Oh, and to answer the second half of the question... we are getting married on 12/27 and he has to report on 1/2. I will be staying with family in Oklahoma City until he gets his new orders (and they recognize that we are married) and hopefully we will have a place to live by then.
    image"
  • Options
    megan - that's great!  We live in West Little Rock and I really like the area we're in.  I grew up on Long Island, east of Manhattan, in a very suburban area.  I'm used to lots of shopping centers and housing developments and people, and that's what it's like here!  I teach in a small town about 20 min. east of LR and that's been a huge change for me, but the city is really nice.  DH and I don't spend too much time in downtown area, but have been there a few times and it has a nice vibe.  We'll be here at least through June...right after I have the baby!  DH is due to start looking for a job soon, so we'll see where we wind up.  I hate not knowing.  I hope that we'll be able to get together when you guys get down here!  If you need anything, just let me know!

• Options
    Aww, thank you! I would LOVE to have a knottie get together. How is the job market in the area? I really want to get a job in my field (journalism--doing writing or editing) but I am itching to work so badly that I think I will end up taking whatever I can get!
    image"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards