Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: I caught him!

America's Next Top Model is my guilty pleasure.  I DVR the show so that I don't have to subject DH to it.  Tonight, I went to watch the new episode and it started 3/4 of the way in...  which means either DH watched it or one of the cats learned how to work the clicker.  I'm so calling him out when he gets home, HA!Any one catch FI/DH doing something you would not have expected him to?
Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Poll: I caught him!

• Options
    I haven't "caught him," but I found out post-wedding that he likes to make candles, of all things. Guy's a hockey playing, scuba diving, surfing metalhead... who makes candles. LOL!
  • Options
    Along those lines, my DH is now secretly excited over Vampire Diaries. I think he figures I don't notice that he ushers me to the tv five minutes before it comes on every week, but I do.
  • Options
    He gets really into SYTYCD with me. He actually started yelling at the tv when Brandon didn't win last season.I also caught him reading one of my Cosmo's once. That led to fun results so I didn't mind :)
  • Options
    LOL.. that is so funny.. DH is not home alone enough for me to catch doing anything like that.. Well he does like to read my People magazine..    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    He gets really into SYTYCD with me.^ totally this!!  He has started critiquing the dancers, and if they do a move he likes, he will rewind it to watch it again!
  • Options
    DH loves trashy Reality shows now and watches them when I'm not around (Real Housewives, anyone?). He also gets super excited if he's the first to read my PEOPLE mag when it comes on Fri.
  • Options
    I didnt CATCH him, but my husband watches coronation street with me now (chooses it over other shows), even though he always made fun of it when I first moved in with him. He loves the plot lines and characters now.
  • Options
    He listens to the Oprah channel on satellite radio.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    He'll put on SYTYCD or SYTTD for me and then will comment on everything going on, even if I'm not paying attention.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I caught FI listening to songs from The Sound of Music in his office... it's one of my family's favorite movies and I made him watch it with me a while ago.  Didn't think he liked it THAT much!
  • Options
    Weve been living together for a few years now. Never did I even have clue that FI is a secret treky until last winter when my class got canceled and I came home unexpected........ guess I could have walked in on worse things.
  • Options
    He gets really into SYTYCD with meJay does this too! And I woke up this morning and he was perusing my Twilight book. I was beyond thrilled but pretended not to see.
  • Options
    Never did I even have clue that FI is a secret treky until last winter when my class got canceled and I came home unexpected::snort::  worse things for sure...
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He says he hates it 'cause it's stupid,' but every time it's on, I catch him smiling and sort of giggling at the pothole/cellphone Geico commercial.Before the wedding, I was talking about how sorry I was his mom wasn't here to see him get married, and it made him cry. I'd only seen that one other time, when we were agonizing over whether to get married in Florida back in May or not. I felt like I was seeing something very, very private.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Since we moved into our house earlier this year, H has become a gardening fan. Every morning (no joke), he runs out to check on the progress of his chillis and herbs, and when we get home at night after work, he'll go to the side of the house to water them before he comes inside. He even worries about them when we are away! Highly amusing.
  • Options
    FI and I have been watching Gossip Girl together since season 2. We're not watching Season 1 on DVD.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I caught the ex one time talking to the VCR that he couldn't work
  • Options
    DH has admitted to watching Sex and the City.And he's recently admitted to enjoying Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift.
  • Options
    *Now. We are NOW watching season 1, and have season 3 episodes ready to go on the DVR.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I caught him Tivo-ing Gilmore Girls a few years ago.  He loves it.  We watch the reruns pretty much every day.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    He randomly turns on Bridezilla and makes me watch with him.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I caught FI watching The Hills!  It was too funny.
  • Options
    I have caught DH watching Jon and Kate--not DVR'd just on TV. The other night he made the comment, nonchallantly of course, "New Moon looks pretty cool..." he totally wants to see it more than I do I think...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I still sleep with a stuffed animal.. its a fairly large penguin named Petey and I love him. Sometimes when I'm leaving for work and fi is still in bed he cuddles with Petey... its the cutest thing I've ever seen. I always threaten to take a picture and post it on FB one day :)
  • Options
    Brie -- I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls.  I always throw one of the dvd's in before I go to bed.  Sometimes, I catch Fi laughing at them or humming the theme song!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • Options
    Tide, I caught FI in the same way! I went to turn on Bridezilla's and it was already started, he said it was recording and he stopped watching but I tried that a day later and it doesnt save the spot when you do that. It only saves if you start watching and pause for some reason. Also, found out one of the rough and tumble older guys at his work loves to bake cakes. He offered to make ours.
  • Options
    I caught my husband just the afternoon watching the movie "Dirty Dancing." He also like "The Princess Bride." So yeah, I gave him a hard time about watching chick flicks.
  • Options
    bwahahahah... H watched I-Carly on the disney channel everyday after work.  My sister caught him once and couldn't breath she was laughing so hard!
  • Options
    Fi LOVES Sex In the City. lol He even owns the movie... Lately, he's been DVR'ing Say Yes to The Dress. I think he's trying to give clues as to what he likes since I haven't gone dress shopping yet.
  • Options
    I unfortunately have to give this AM update:DH turned UP the radio when the Miley Cyrus song, "Party in the USA" came on.::shudders::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards