Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

This Made Me Laugh

So, I have lately been having some planning issues with my in-laws. Primarily they seem to want to veto things my father and I want to do together at the wedding (which is not their right), such as telling us that we basically can't have the song my dad wants to walk me down the aisle to and that I love; and my FSIL thinks that I should have the prim and proper breakfast-at-tiffany's wedding she did...which is not my style at all. I don't want to get into details.I had a meltdown today. I was able to talk to my sister who is also my MOH.She said something that was really funny and put it in perspective. I think it's funny because it's true:"Engagement is to marriage what pledging is to Fratnernities/Sororities. Once you become engaged, you are basically pledging to get into a new family. During the planning process, they will haze you, push you to your limits, and sometimes hurt or exhaust you so badly that you may even question your desire to pledge in the first place! But, if you can make it through all the hazing, and take it all with a grain of salt, you'll make it to your wedding (induction), and become a permanent member...and will hopefully forget all the grief they put you through after a few years. The induction will be fun and will make it all worth it."I was never a part of the Greek culture in my college years, so forgive me if I got some of that terminology wrong. I'm sure you get the jist of it though!

Re: This Made Me Laugh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards