Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Fische-lips

I was catching up on last night's posts, and your broken engagement story caught my eye. I didn't realize that we had that in common (of sorts). Shitballs, people really suck, don't they?

Re: Fische-lips

• Options
    Geez louise, I just read that and that is so sh!tty.  Then I remembered your funny/sweet story of you and your H got together and that made me happy for you.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha! Yup! It was quite horrible, really, but it paid off in the end. I would have been miserable with him, I'm quite certain of it. Red flags I ignored and all that jazz. I do still miss my friend, however...odd as that sounds.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Holy crap I just went back and read your broken engagement story, fische dear. That's awful! But I'm so happy for you now. Sometimes if not for the bad we wouldn't recognize the good. Thank GOD you married the good. :)
  • Options
    Right on! Once the legal stuff was taken care of, it got a little better, but when anything goes through legal anything it seems to draw it out and make it totally worse.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    So it went far enough that he was charged with rape?  Is that the legal stuff you mean?  If you don't want to talk about it that's cool, I just had to ask.  It's so crazy.  Did she ever come out and admit to you that it is was consensual, if it was?
  • Options
    She had the rape test done that night. I woke up, and she was gone. Went to go look for her, couldn't find her, she didn't answer her phone, etc. As I was getting a call from my brother about what happened, the cops came knockin' at the door.They found semen in her and on her clothes, and she wanted to press charged even though they didn't find evidence of forced entry. From there, I had to give statements to the police and to lawyers and she eventually dropped the charges. She never admitted it was consensual. They were both hammered and oddly enough, neither one remembers anything. The last thing she remembers is putting on her clothes and running out the door and apparently he followed her in his car, She yelled, screamed, called our friends, and came back to my dads, and came back to sleep. Didn't bother waking me or my dad to tell us something wsa up.What a d bag.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Wow, how crazy.  Sounds like the immediate guilt got to her.  I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.  I can't even imagine.  But you are a strong chick and I'm so glad that you are happy now!
  • Options
    Thanks! It certainly sucked, I'll give it that. But in the long run, it always seems to pay off. I still do miss her and keep in contact with her a little bit. He got married this fall and has a baby on the way. I feel badly for his wife. For real.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I think it's totally understandable to miss your friend, especially since you aren't really even clear on what happened.  It would be easier if you knew for sure she was into it and a willing participant, but whenever there is any lingering doubt, that has to stick in your mind. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards