Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**Nebb**

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1934180_1934196,00.htmlIt's an article about Stephen King's longest novels: The Stand: 1,153 pagesIt: 1,138 pagesUnder the Dome: 1,072 pagesInsomnia: 787 pagesDesperation: 690 pagesNeedful Things: 690 pagesDreamcatcher: 620 pagesDuma Key: 607 pagesThe Tommyknockers: 558 pagesBag of Bones: 529 pagesI've read 8 of the 10 listed.  Only Duma Key and Under the Dome I haven't cracked. Also, I didn't get the reservations for SK, I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you. :)

Re: **Nebb**

• Options
    I cant wait to get under the dome, but I will probably wait a bit because I hate hardcover. Only a week and a half till I am face to face with mr king!!
  • Options
    Lucky you!  I hate hardcovers too.  I'm reading through the article and he gives some insight -- very interesting.  I may pick up The Stand - the uncut version.  Yeah, reading almost 1200 pages doesn't seem like that big of a deal when it's one of his books. Also, I was thinking of rereading Bag of Bones.  I really liked that one.
  • Options
    Ive only ever read the uncut version of the stand and ive breezed through it 5 times now, so it doesnt feel long to me at all. I still havnt read bag of bones, whit was going to send me hers but im not sure if she has or not. I am not allowed to buy any books until after christmas so im just re-reading the dark tower series right now.
  • Options
    Capri, you must get the reissued version.  I just realized I have three copies of it.  A paperback reissued copy (for traveling), the original in hardback, and the reissued in hardback.  Yeah, it's that good. I also bought the collector's edition of Salem's Lot. Neat book.(backing out of thread now)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    why backing out?
  • Options
    I'm with you Nebb.  I can't buy any more books for myself until after Christmas.  I like to give out books as Christmas presents.  I also love getting books for Xmas and hint at it all.the.time!  Missy, I will definitely pick it up though.  I need a good one.
  • Options
    I got my brother 5 stephen king books for christmas to get him into it - I really wanted to get him more but it was getting expensive. I pretty much only asked for stephen king book sfor christmas too. I really latch onto something once I take an interest in it. I even cleared space off my bookcase in preparation... a month and a half in advance hehe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards