Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

fakes...

I need eyelash help:) Do you prefer individual fake eyelashes, or the whole row and why.
BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: fakes...

• Options
    If you want natural, go with individuals at the outside edge of the eye.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    You can buy fake individual eye lashes?
  • Options
    yup! I find the individuals really hard to make natural though, they always fake every which fo way:)
    BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Individuals definitely look more natural.
  • Options
    I've never used them myself.  I've seen make up artists add a few to the outer corners of the eye and it looked stunning.  Unless you have non-existent lashes, a whole row tends to look really fake.
  • Options
    Individuals. Definitely. They look far more natural. My lashes are long but they're not evenly thick from end to end. Individual lashes let me fill in where they're needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    the makeup artist used individuals. it looks much more natural. you can buy them and do them yourself. lots of videos on youtube that will show you how.
  • Options
    I don't wear makeup, ever.  I bought the whole row eyeslashes for the wedding from MAC which my SIL put on for me (I got, what I thought were the shortest ones there).  They were really pretty, but holy hell were they huge.  They did make the pics look better, but IMO were a little overpowering.  Had I known about individual eyelashes, or had a professional to put them on, I would probably go with the individual ones.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use individuals.
  • Options
    Because they are easier to put on and they look real.
  • Options
    I'm incapable of putting eyelashes on, I usually just end up with lashes glued to my forehead and nose. Not a good look.For the wedding my makeup artist used individual lashes, they looked much more natural and were more comfortable than the row kind.
  • Options
    I am apparently going against the majority here but I find individuals a lot harder to put on than strips.  If you don't get them all on the same plan along the eye they can look really unbalanced.  If you want natural with the ease of strip try smaller strip lashes.  For instance Laura Mercier makes lashes that are more like 1/3 - 1/2 of a normal length strip.  There is a set for the outer corner and for the middle, depending on the look you want.  Plus, there are a lot of natural looking full strips of lashes.  Make up Forever has the Julie, Julia, and Karen lashes that are all much more subtle (the Karens are actually a brown/blond hue so there are not as stark against natural lashes) and still give you the ease of a full strip (in my opinion).  Plus, you can always cut them.  I always find strips are a little long, because I have fairly narrow eyes, so I always cut the inner corners down.HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards