Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I need a hug F/U to Dr.'s

I went to see my Rheumatologist today for a follow-up on the bloodwork I had done last week; he was checking to see if my recent problems (constant low-grade fever, significant unexplained weightloss, hair loss, lower back pain, constant fatigue, etc.) were a thyroid problem. Luckily, the results came back negative--although one indicator was slightly lower than normal (if anything it would have suggested I should have been gaining weight, not losing). So, it's on to the next round of tests.Next Wednesday, I go in for a full-body CAT scan. They fear it may be lymphoma--and the CAT scan will indicate one way or another.I'm so out of sorts right now. I know it's just a possibility, but even the possibility is hard to hear. I just kept glancing at my blood work sheet/appointment sheet--seeing lymphoma/lukemia written next to my name was heart breaking for me.So, I'm sitting at work, completely lacking the ability to function...and I have a 5 hour class ahead of me tonight. I'm drained, and tired, and worried--and just need a hug.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need a hug F/U to Dr.'s

• Options
    Oh my god, Rach, I am so sorry.  I hope they are wrong...so, so wrong.  Huge hugs.
  • Options
    Big hugs to you, Rach. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I heart you big time.
  • Options
    BIG HUG! That is scary news to have rolling around in your head, I'm so sorry, darlin.  We'll be here for any worries or thoughts you want to share.
  • Options
    Oh my god, i dont knwo what to say to even try to make you feel better. If I could give you hugs right now I would though, ill be thinking about you.
  • Options
    Oh my Rach.  I am sending you a huge hug right now.  I hope you can feel it.  I may also be trying to grab your boob a little.  Don't worry, as I've explained earlier, that's just my way of saying I love you.  Try to stay positive.
  • Options
    Why are they making you wait until next Wednesday?!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Here's hoping for the best on the tests.
  • Options
    You're getting attacked by the hugsquatch.<3
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    [[hugs]]That sucks, I'm sorry.  It really sucks that you have to wait almost a whole week just to get the test done.
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry! I know the wating can be so stressful! Try to keep your mind of it as best you can... Go out and do something fun if you can. Also remember docs have to order tests for every possibility... No matter if it is a big possibility or a small one - or even if they do not think its possible but they need to cover their a** Take care of yourself!
  • Options
    :(  So sorry to hear that!  I assume that is the worst-case scenario, right?  Is there anything else it might be that would be less serious, like a weird virus or something?  I was always contracting weird viruses as a child and the docs always thought it was more serious illnesses (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc).
  • Options
    ::hugs::  I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this!  At least they're taking good care of you, so whatever this is, it's going to get diagnosed and taken care of.  But here's hoping they're very wrong about this guess! 
  • Options
    **Big Hug**I hope the best for you when those tests come back in.
  • Options
    Wow, Rach, I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Just think positive thoughts, and know we're all thinking about you!!! ::Hugs::
  • Options
    Oh Rach, I'm so so sorry!  I hope they're wrong.  I don't really know what else to say.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oh Rach :(  Maybe it's good that you have a class and work, to keep your mind off things a little.  Stay busy and try not to think about the worst case.  I  know that's easier said than done, though. We're all here for you.  *HUGS!!!***
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much! I'd feel weird asking people in my office for a hug; and FI just left to go for his interview in NC (worst timing ever). I'm especially appreciative of the boob grab, Julez. That got a chuckle out of me.Things are very hectic at the hospital here. Getting me in next week was a chore for my doctors. If the results from the CAT scan take anywhere near as long as my MRI did, it will be a while--they require different doctors to read the scan, make their reports, and then they have a transcriber write up the reports. It might be a few weeks before I know. Errr...I need a drink.
  • Options
    :hugs:This bunny gives you hugs too:[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/ajqjk2.jpg[/IMG]

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    *SUPER HUGE HUG*I am so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully the CT says otherwise and it's something else that is much easier to handle.I know we all will be thinking positive thoughts for you.
  • Options
    Hugs to you, Rach.  So sorry about this.  (((hugs)))
  • Options
    That wait is not cool.  Not cool at all.  I'm so sorry you're having a poopy day.  Big hug & a big drink!::hugs::
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    My boss had lung cancer that spread to his lymphnodes.  He's had several CAT scans over the last few months and they have been very efficient with the results.  Obviously it's a different hospital, but I hope they can have your results asap.  ::another hug::
  • Options
    If the results from the CAT scan take anywhere near as long as my MRI did, it will be a while--they require different doctors to read the scan, make their reports, and then they have a transcriber write up the reports. It might be a few weeks before I know.When I had one of MRIs and they saw something of concern, they called me in just a couple days afterwards.  It caught the eye of the person actually giving the MRI and they made a preliminary report to get to my doctor right away, as opposed to waiting for the dictation and everything to be done.  I'm surprised they didn't do that with yours.  Here's hoping the CT scan results go a little faster.  It would suck so much having to wait a couple weeks to ease your mind.

• Options
    In the meantime, you should make friends with this little guy:[img]http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/cute-puppy-pictures-outside-needs-hug.jpg[/img]

• Options
    ::hugs::Rach-I am so sorry to hear you're worried, and I hope the doctors are completely wrong.  Please keep us updated.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Im so sorry Rach. HUGE HUG. The waiting is the worst part. I hope it's all good news though! keep your chin up, we're here for you if you need us!
  • Options
    I came to work to get my mind off of it--but that didn't work as well as inticipated. Google is an evil thing in situations like this...Kati--my Rheum has ruled out everything he can. The bloodwork done so far has shown it's not a flare up of my autoimmune disease, and I've been tested for rheum arthritis and lumpus (and everything else under the sun). And btw--I love you guys. A lot.
  • Options
    Hugs!  Could it be bad stress?  I am just wondering as they seem to be having trouble finding an accepted medical reason.  I know stress can cause the symptoms you are having.  I hope whatever it is they find it soon and that there is a fast treatment!
  • Options
    Oh my god. I am not a praying person, but I am hoping beyond hope that they are wrong about that and that it's something else entirely. Please keep us updated...we are all here for you! I <3 yew, Rach!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Big hugs to you, Rach. I hope and pray you get favorable results quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards