Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invites to shower and bachelorette but not wedding...

So I got an invite for the shower and for the bachelorette, but not for the wedding, which is in less than 2 mos. My gut is saying that it's better to just wait until they call the people who haven't RSVPed rather than call the bride and say, "Are you sure our invite didn't get lost?" Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites to shower and bachelorette but not wedding...

• Options
    That is super awkward.  Is there a chance she didn't invite you?  Technically they don't have to be out until 6 weeks.  Maybe they're behind. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    That's weird.  Wait a week or so, maybe ask the host of the shower or bachelorette.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'd wait it out and find out if you get a wedding invite
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I feel like with the current economy it's totally foreseeable that they may have had to scale back at the last minute and cut the guest list. Her fi is in the finance industry. Maybe they are just super behind. I certainly wouldn't be insulted if we had to be cut...things happen. I guess we'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got an invite 3 weeks before once, on the day RSVPs were due. They were either super disorganized or I was B-list.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Is the bride really relaxed? Like not on the ball? Several of my friends hated the wedding planning & didn't send the invites out until a month b/f the wedding. I would wait. Do you have mutual friends that are close & just casually ask if the invites have gone out. O ask the bride about planning?

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    I would say she is on the less relaxed side...I think she quit her job last month to be able to focus on the wedding. She had an FB status up about the room block and how people should hurry and book before they ran out of rooms. I don't know why I'm even bothering...I guess i just don't want to look like an @-hole if she calls me and is like, "WHY DIDN'T YOU RSVP?" But I mean, the other two invites and an STD made it here perfectly fine...so maybe she just decided to B-list us or cut us last minute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you got an STD, you can probably assume you are invited, she's not just rude or clueless.  I would wait until about 5 weeks out and call.  Do you need to book a hotel room or anything?
  • Options
    I got annoyed with one of my friends when he didn't RSVP for our wedding...he is usually super disorganized and ALWAYS forgets things, so I called to get his RSVP about a week after the date.  A few days later his invitation got returned to me. When I called him back and apologized for him not getting the invite and wondering why he didn't say anything when I called to see if he was coming or not, he responded, "Well, I just figured I lost it..." I'd just wait to see if you get a call...something could have happened and I am sure she will follow up.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you got an STD & she hasn't said oh I'm so sorry our finances have changed, please forgive us.  Then you are invited. I would ask mutual friends, shower host, or the bride about if the invites have gone out.  If you need to book a room then call the bride about the room block & see what she says.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards