Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**NicoleSahara**

Hey! I was lurking on this board, and I saw your picture. My dress has similar "straps" or whatever, and I'm trying to figure out jewelry. You didn't wear a necklace at all? It looks really nice, but I hadn't even thought of that as a way to solve my problem.

Re: **NicoleSahara**

• Options
    Thanks. Nope, no necklace at all. This was a tough one for me to wrap my head around, because I had always thought of a necklace as a definite accessory in my wedding attire. But thanks to the coaxing and encouragement of P&E, I went without it. I had the dangly earrings, and my dress had some sparkly bling on it already, so a necklace really would have been a little much. I wore a sparkly bracelet too, to satisfy my need for sparkle without doing so in an overstated way.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding! I bought my maid of honor a double strand pearl necklace, and I bought myself one too...but then when I tried it on I just wasn't sure. My dress is completely unadorned (except with fabric folds), and it's ivory, so I was afraid that it would look a little boring. So that's why I was struggling with the necklace idea. Perhaps I'll just get some nicer earrings and search for a bracelet too.  I didn't see yours, but I'm thinking something pearl perhaps. Thanks again for the help!
  • Options
    Nicole, just wanted to say that I think your dress is purdy, too. And rebecca, you seem super nice, and you should keep posting, but if you do, you should change your SN so it isn't your full name. Unless it isn't, then carry on.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    fische,Yes I'm usually a lurker, but I'm trying to get into posting. I feel kinda like an imposter because you all seem to know each other! As for my name...yeah, big mistake. But now theknot says I can't change it. Blah. Thanks for looking out for me though, and if you do know how to change it, please pass that info on (or refer me to a previous post...I'm sure there has been one somewhere down the line...and we're supposed to look there first before posting a new thread I think). Thanks again!
  • Options
    I don't think you can change it, I just think you have to make a new one and do the 3 day wait. But you should work into posting! I would just make a new screen name, if I were you and you were wanting to post on the boards.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Thanks fische! And rebecca, do you have a picture of your dress? I'm glad I didn't end up wearing a necklace, between the veil, flowers, earrings, etc, it really wasn't needed.
  • Options
    I started a new account, but as fische said, I can't post for three days. So I'll respond for now with this name. NicoleSahara, I do have a picture of the dress, but not with me in it (except for a back shot), but I'm not sure how to put a picture in a post. It's style CD278 from David's Bridal. Of course the model is much thinner than I am, but I love the dress!
  • Options
    Beautiful dress! Simple, yet elegant. See how the model isn't wearing a necklace in the picture? I really think that neckline is better without a necklace.
  • Options
    Thanks! Ha, I didn't even realize she wasn't wearing a necklace. I think you're right though; I'm glad to have that concern dealt with! Now i want to go try on the dress and veil and find some earrings. Unfortunately, the dress is still with the seamstress for alterations. Sigh. Guess I'll have to shop for earrings without it! Another question (hopefully not an annoying one), would you go with pearls or blingy earrings with my dress? I suffer over these little details so much...it's not that big of a deal really, but I want to look good! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Personally, I would go with a little bling, just because I think it would pop a little more with the dress than pearls would. And you don't have to get super expensive fancy ones. I got mine at Claire's for like $12. I was trying to find a bracelet that had three strands of pearls and a big sparkly think in the middle if that makes sense. (The clasp would be like a brooch on it almost.) That would look really nice, too, and tie in both pearls and some sparkle.
  • Options
    Oooh I Really like that. Did you find one at Claires? I have to start looking! Thanks so much! Let me know if you found or see one that's affordable :)
  • Options
    No, didn't find one at Claire's. I didn't get one because online the cheapest ones were still more than $100. I ended up getting a stretchy three-layered rhinestone bracelet at a department store. You can kind of see it in my sig pic. I'll be able to wear it again and it was under $20.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards