Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saved $1200 FTW!

Went to our venue tonight to pay our "overage" and after a bit of chit-chatting, next thing we know, our balance was $1200 less than it was, and our ceremony room fee was included in the F&B minimum. SCORE!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Saved $1200 FTW!

• Options
    Do you know what FTW means?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I believe it is "for the win" am I wrong?
  • Options
    No, it just sounds weird in that context.  I thought you were using it to mean "for the wedding" instead.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I don't know what FTW means :P
  • Options
    oh ha, i didn't even think of it that way... been using it on message boards for years ;)
  • Options
    No, it just sounds weird in that context.Agreed.  everywhere else I've been on the interwebz it means Fuuck The World.  That would have made more sense here.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That's some awesome negotiating skills!  Are you going to save the money or splurge on something else?
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cool, now I know. Congrats on the awesome savings!
  • Options
    Good job!
  • Options
    LOL the fuuck the world one wouldnt have made much sense, eh?We're going to just save the money for now. FI is unemployed and we need it for things we've been putting off... like the association payments!
  • Options
    the fuuck the world one wouldnt have made much sense, eh?I think you'd need to see it in context to understand, because it would actually make more sense.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    CS,I know I've seen other ladies here echo what I'm saying, but every forum I perused up until this one used it as Fuuck The World.  Those were gaming forums mostly, so that could have something to do with it, but that's how I always knew it until I came here.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    FTW has pretty much always been "for the win," generally coming from gamer-type speak.People who were not familiar with the phrase "for the win" assumed it meant either "fuuck the world" or "fuuck the what," like a backwards WTF. An easy assumption to make if not immersed in the initial subculture from where FTW came from.However, it is most definitely "for the win."
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    betrothed - it's very strange that you see gaming forums using it as "fuuck the world" when it is gaming forums that came up with "for the win."Personally, I have never ever seen it used as "fuuck the world."
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Hm.. TJ, I asked people what it meant back when I first saw it and that's what they told me, so I don't know.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    betrothed - I didn't realize until joining TK that so many people thought of it differently, so I am pretty much just going to rely on context clues for its use in the future.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    only the "emo" kids in high school/college used FTW as "fuuck the world"... everywhere else I've ever seen it was "for the win". Gamer fiance agrees... oh well.
  • Options
    That's what I do as well, TJ.  I think it just comes down to a difference of opinion.  It's kind of like DH can be "Darling Husband," "Dear Husband," etc. or IMHO can be "In My Humble Opinion" or "In My Honest Opinion."  It just depends on who you're talking to.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards