Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

seating

for your wedding, did you/are you planning on having your parents sit with grooms parents?My parents want to sit with my dad's brothers who are coming from CA (to NY) that he hasn't seen in almost 10 years.FPIL made rude comments about my parents like "well, we see how Erin's parents feel about us now" after FI told them who my parents were planning on sitting with. They insist its tradition/customary for the parents to sit together...I have never seen this so am confused. Thanks for any help :-/
BabyFruit Ticker < br > Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: seating

• Options
    My mom is sitting with her friends, his mom with her friends, and my dad with his friends. Better in my eyes, to have everyone happy than awkward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of this until recently, when my boss mentioned the "parents table" at her wedding. I was going to have them sit with their relatives, but now I'm not sure... I'm not aware of a tradition related to this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, we had our immediate families sitting separately.At one table was m parents, grandparents, my aunt, uncle and my two cousins that were BMs.  At the other table were H's mom, dad, stepmom, mom's best friend, BIL and his wife and kids, and H's great aunt.
  • Options
    H didn't want his parents sitting at the same table.  They are divorced, and he knew they'd be more comfortable sitting at different tables, neither of his parents sat with my parents.  We put my grandparents at my parent's table and his siblings/families and aunts and uncles with his parents.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My mom sat with DH's parents, along with grandparents (only 2 came to the reception) and godparents. It worked well for them and our seating in general, but I don't know that it's customary.  We just kind of randomly decided to do it. Maybe it's tradition for their family but not yours?
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I've always heard you treat parents the same as other guests, sitting them with the people they are most comfortable with.
  • Options
    We're having a free-for-all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just realized you're talking about the reception. Duh. We had a table for each family, so my parents sat with their parents and siblings, and his parents sat with their siblings (he didnt have grandparents attend the wedding).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    My parents sat with my MIL and DH's grandfather.  But my situation is a little weird.  My MIL and my parents sat together at the ceremony and are all BFFs now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards