New York-New York City
Options

Need Suggestions for Hotels for Traveling Guests!!

Hi All!

I am getting married next October and need to start thinking about arranging room blocks for our guests coming from far and wide!  Our wedding is in midtown Manhattan.  The original idea was to make arrangements at 3 different hotels, representing different pricepoints.  We already have our upscale/expensive hotel taken care of, but I'm having a hard time picking the others. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mid- or low-range (but still nice, hopefully a name brand) hotels that are relatively close to Central Park South and 7th Ave?

Do you think 3 hotels is too many??  Should I stick with just the really nice one and something like a Hilton where rooms are low $200's?  (I kinda think that is still a little pricey for some...)

UGH.  Suggestions please!!!

Thanks!
Kate Embarassed

Soon-to-be Mrs. C

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels for Traveling Guests!!

• Options
    LDubin1984LDubin1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in April in midtown, and looked far and wide for a hotel under $200 for some of my guests. We ended up with the Doubletree Hotel on 51st and Lexington for $175. The rooms are clean, and its a convinient spot..I would definitely check there for your group!
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My understanding is that it can be hard to find hotels in the city that will hold a room block rate for you. The 2 friends I know used the W in midtown on (Lex at 49th St).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out jetsetter.com (http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/mylink19270)
    They have really amazing deals on hotels around the city.  For my wedding everyone stayed at the Ace and thought it was fantastic.

• Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in December and I did 3 hotels.  I did one boutique hotel where I'm staying, and then two lower priced ones.  Because of the season, the cheapest i'm getting is $214/night....aggravating, but there's nothing i can do.  

All three hotels had no problem with me reserving a block.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try hotelplanner.com.  I used that for my December wedding - you put in the details and hotels will submit a bid.  Got us rooms at a Hampton Inn near the Empire State Building for $229.  Already had the hotel attached to our venue for $315 and a small hotel called Radio City Apartments on 49th street for $189.  Radio City is a decent option if you are looking for something in that price point.  It is a little on the old side, and not a lot of amenities, but I stayed there before I lived here and it was perfectly fine.  They do make guests give a deposit of one night's stay to hold the rooms, however.
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The Marriott Courtyard on Third Avenue and 54th (about) Street is clean, excellent price for the area and pretty well thought of by business travelers.

Check their site out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning a bach party in NYC and we're staying at The Helmsley... they gave me great rates! Also, they just remodelled, so it looks great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards