Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to say thank you for cash

I know the proper way to write thank you cards for the items we received but how can I eloquently say thank you for money we have received?

Re: How to say thank you for cash

• Options
    I've always referred to cash/check as a "generous gift" in TYs for any occasion.  You can then say what you plan to use/save it for. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your generous gift.  We plan to put it towards X ~or~ We will be able to put it to good use as we build our lives togther.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank them for coming, tell them how nice it was to see them, and then say "thank you for the generous gift". If you like, you can talk about what you're planning to do with it. (We told everyone that it would really help us out with our kitchen reno.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Okay. Generous gift sounds great. I wasn't sure if I should put...this will really help us begin our married life together or something. It's a lot easier to say with the items. I just feel weird when it comes to money. Thanks for the advice, that works out really well =D
  • Options
    Agree w/PPs... I've been writing "Your generous gift helped make our HM in Paris that much more delicious" or something lame like that.
  • Options
    I think mine all said "Thank you for the generous gift! We really appreciate it. We are blessed to be surrounded by such loving friends and family." And then a closing sentence of some kind.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards