Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW-ish: Nephew's first Christmas gift

I just ordered my 9 month-old nephew's gift for his first Christmas: a custom story book. It uses his name, likeness, and a dedication w/photo that I wrote/uploaded. The pic on the dedication page is H and I holding him at our wedding. I read the story and almost cried! It's so sweet. I've seen a lot of these custom story book sites, and I was really impressed with this one. Apparently the books have been used by Gwyneth Paltrow, Dennis Quaid, Adam Sandler, and some other celebrities. Haha, I sound like a commercial for these books!Anyway, I thought of you ladies and all of the little ones in your life or soon-to-be. Here's the website if anyone is interested in getting something like this: http://tinyurl.com/yakobjn

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: AW-ish: Nephew's first Christmas gift

• Options
    VENDOR!  j/kThat sounds really sweet!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My H got one of these when he was little.  It was based on the Buffalo Bills.  Even though he hates that team now, it's still one one of his all time favorite gifts.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I had personalized books made for the 5 little boys in my wedding party - they all loved them. One 8 year old came up to me and was all "it has my NAME in it! and my friends names! and my nickname! It has my nickname in there! How'd they do that?" (He had a cool comic-style book)Greatest feeling EVAR.
  • Options
    I know Sucrets, I was like 'okay bg stop talking about the damn book.' Plus, I don't even like Gwyneth Paltrow, so it's not even really an endorsement. :) I just imagine her reading this to Apple in her pretentious British accent.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Andrea, betrothed, that's so sweet! That must be the coolest thing for a kid to see. I almost waited a couple years on this, because I think it would be neat for my nephew to actually get that his name is in the book and it's "about" him. I'll probably do it again in a few years with a different book, even though the surprise won't be there the second time.

• Options
    That's really special. I'm impressed at how thoughtful you were! I love giving books to babies and little kids. It's like giving them a memory and hoping they'll love it as much as you did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards