New York-New York City

NYC edible favor ideas needed...

Hi ladies!  I'm usually on the NNJ board, but I need some help.  FI and I are planning on giving out favors that relate to us and how we met.  We're going to give each guest a chinese takeout box that will have three different bags of candies/foods inside and a note identifying what each food represents.  We're going to have salt water taffy (because I was born in NJ), a candy from Ecuador (FI was born there), and then we need something from NYC because that's where we met.

I was thinking of doing honey-roasted nuts (a la the Nuts 4 Nuts carts), but I'm looking for some other ideas as well. 

Someone suggested mini black and white cookies... I had no idea NYC was known for them!  Is that true? 

Any suggestions at all would be great!  TIA!  :-)
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NYC edible favor ideas needed...

• edited December 2011
    what about somethign apple flavored? (the big apple) maybe apple lollipops

or a bag of pretzels to represent NYC street cart pretzels?

October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lizzonyclizzonyc member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do anything with nuts just for those with allergies...

What about something with cheesecake? Like cheesecake lolipops or something?

Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • edited December 2011
    I would do the mini black and white cookies.

Alternatively, you could go to one of the big NYC candy stores like Dylan's (I got chocolate bars for our OOT bags there) or the one on the LES that I'm repressing the name of right now and get something there.
  • edited December 2011
    Economy candy:  Chocolate Lady Liberty or Chocolate Taxicabs
    Mini B&W cookies (We got them at Grace's Marketplace, but if you call a few city bakeries, you'll find one that will make them for you)
    Not sure that people would get the nuts reference as an immediate OH NYC! of course treat.
    A mini-bagel?
    Or an apple (maybe a chocolate-covered lady apple?)
  • edited December 2011
    You can also do lollipops, personalized with your names and logos
  • edited December 2011
    friends of mine did junior's cheescakes as wedding favors because they had their first date at juniors. though i think the black and white cookies would be cheaper than juniors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards