Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

S/O of Squirrly's post

2»

Re: S/O of Squirrly's post

• Options
    I twirl my hair and it drives FI up the wall. He says it makes me look really ditzy (and I totally see where he's coming from) but I have "busy hands" and just like to do things with them when I sit still.

That's actually why I took up  knitting, lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:eb801c0c-8643-4182-a9bf-42e64a86882d">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a picker or scratcher, but I like to pop zips. It's disgusting but I would pop my college roommates' zits and now I pop Dan's. The back ones are the best. It is just so satisfying.
    Posted by mandybear7[/QUOTE]

popthatzit.com - you'll love it. It's one of my favorite web sites.
  • Options
    When I get nervous and before bed, I scratch my arms and legs, and John has to stop me. He says I'm digging (it leaves lines in my arms and legs); I call it scratching. Half the time, I don't even know I'm doing it. I've brought up whelps on my arms before.

I wipe my nose constantly; I'm allergic to (like Brie - I've been saying this since last year) the entire state of Iowa. Too much of something. My nose runs all the time, and with my migraines, I have bloody noses. That's special. So I have to blow my nose for that too. I have kleenex everywhere too, and even did the old lady "kleenex in the sleeve" thing yesterday.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I hate when my food touches on a plate - I prefer separate plates, or those plates with dividers.  I also have to completely eat all of one thing before I can start on the next item.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm a food dunker too. Salad/burgers/pancakes/etc, I always have condiments on the side and dip before I take a bite.

I also have to have something to drink with me at all times. I have bottles of water, tea, diet soda in the fridge and throw one in my purse before I leave the house. If I have forgotten, I have to go back in and get one, even if I'm just taking a quick trip to the store. Drives FI nuts. I think I have an irrational fear of being really thirsty and having nothing to drink.
  • Options
    I'm also a picker... maybe we should start a "pickers anonymous" club. I have two little spots on my far lower back that I've been at lately... FI calls them my "strawberries" because of the color.

Eeeeeeeeew, I know.

I am a salty food person - I'll take pretzels over chocolate any day - and when I have a handful/bowful of pretzels I will go through them all one by one and sort them, from least salty to saltiest, and eat them in that order.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:f0cabb3e-94ae-4cfb-b042-111b353d5d10">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also have to have something to drink with me at all times. I have bottles of water, tea, diet soda in the fridge and throw one in my purse before I leave the house. 
    Posted by Sunshine9463[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I do this, too! We call them my "travel sodas."

</div>
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I like to mix my food alltogether and then eat it. Except it has to go, like meatloaf and potatoes or stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce.

I can't be comfortable if my nails are dirty. So I pick at my nails.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Ha!  "Travel sodas," I like it.
    Nice to know I'm not alone in my compulsion :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:7449f5dc-ed05-4060-add5-1526af072bc4">S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you do that's weird, that bothers other people? I have a friend who can't stand watching me eat.  Its not that i'm gross or anything, but I eat everything by layers. If I get pizza, I eat the toppings first with a fork, and then the crust with my hands.  When I eat tacos, I eat the inside of the taco, and eat the shell last. Same goes with cupcakes, and cakes.  I eat the frosting and then the cake. You get the idea.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

that is weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ok, I understand picking my own zits or scabs, but other people's?!? GAG.

I bounce my foot all the time. I don't even notice I'm doing it, but a few weeks ago Manda and I were at a hockey game, sitting side by side, and some guy walked by and siad, "Well you girls are certainly related!" and we were sitting the exact same way in our tall chairs, legs crossed, with the bottom foot bouncing.

I also need my food not to touch and I want to eat one thing at a time, and usually in a clockwise direction around my plate.

My bra and panties used to have to match each other and my outfit, but I'm easing up on that a bit and I'm good with them just matching and not my outfit.

I'm sure there's tons more.
  • Options
    We call them "road cokes" in my family.

This thread is hilarious.

I chew gum really loudly, so I have to remember not to chew gum AT ALL in public. And I pick at ingrown hairs. But only when they're ready to come out, so I think that should be in a different category than premature picking.
  • Options
    I cut my soft food (like fish, for example) with a fork.  Mark used a knife and it drives him crazy that I don't use a night.

Also?  I like to eat with my hands at home.  I'd just as soon pick up a steak and take a bite as cut it with a knife and fork.

Oh, and if coconut makes its way into my mouth- I must spit it out.  Even at a restaurant.  I try to be discreet though.

:)

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:694d7796-661b-4ed9-abea-b4bbb0fa37aa">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cut my soft food (like fish, for example) with a fork.  Mark used a knife and it drives him crazy that I don't use a night. Also?  I like to eat with my hands at home.  I'd just as soon pick up a steak and take a bite as cut it with a knife and fork. <strong>Oh, and if coconut makes its way into my mouth- I must spit it out.  Even at a restaurant</strong>.  I try to be discreet though. :)
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

My dad is the same - absolutely refuses to eat coconut AT ALL.  Freaks, both of you.  Coconut is yummy. 

I'll be joining the pickers anonymous club - pimples, scabs...  I follow my boyfriend around until he lets me pop whatever pimple he has - which is rare and he whines like a baby that "it huuuurts, stop that" but I can't help myself.
  • Options
    I smell everything I eat before it goes in my mouth, not only that I smell pretty much everything, not all the time but I will occasionally catch myself smelling a shirt before I buy it. Also I can't eat my food if it touches other food, I like those kid plates with the ridges so I can make sure my food won't touch :)
  • Options
    My name is Kristi and I'm a picker...

I'm horrible about picking my nails/lips in public, or biting my lips. It's mostly a nerve/anxiety thing, but sometimes boredom too. I try to catch myself doing it and stop.

I use bread to mop up yummy saucces when I eat. I think I picked it up living overseas when we rarely used silverwear, just bread. Sometimes my friends give me strange looks when I do it.

I will sigh really loudly randomly. Dh always asks what's wrong, because it sounds like the "I'm sad/I'm frustrated" sigh. Nothing..just..breathing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:31d09581-8a1a-4ef1-aa74-286240298563">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and you cannot open a can of pop the whole way.  Just a crack.  It tastes different if you open the tab the whole way. 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>lol my friend would always end up opening my pop all the way....she said I never opened it far enough.</div><div>
    </div><div>And whenever I would stay at her house when we were younger I'd crack my toes and it would drive her insane. I don't think it bothers FI so much.

</div>

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards