Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVP date

My caterer needs my guest count two weeks before the wedding. I know I need to save a little wiggle room for calling guests who didn't RSVP (or if theirs was lost in the mail). But how much sooner before my caterer needs the guest count should I request my guests RSVP by?

Re: RSVP date

• Options

If you think you can contact anyone who has't responded in a short time period, i would say a week or 2 before that should be lots of time.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    1-2 weeks, depending on how long you think it will take you to call and track down non-responders.

I'm giving myself two weeks because I work crazy hours and won't have a ton of time during the day for calls, plus my family has a history of being non-responsive, so I know I'm going to be making at least 10 calls after my RSVP date.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I've always thought it should be a week.  Maybe 10 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    We sent out invitations 2 mo before the wedding with a 1 mo prior RSVP date. That gave us plenty of time to track down stragglers who lost the invitation or who were too dumb to figure out that we wanted them to respond with the stamped card.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You should be fine with 1 week. 10 days max maybe.
  • Options
    Great! Thank you ladies and gent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards