Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

**emilyinchile**

Hey!
You went to Peru recentluy, right?  Do you have any hotel recommendations?  I'm finding that the reviews of places in Cusco and Aguas Calientes are more of a mixed bag than I'm used to.  
TIA!

Re: **emilyinchile**

• Options
    I went to Peru in 2005, but honestly I have no suggestions. I was studying abroad, so my friends and I stayed at borderline sketchy hostels to save money.

Are you sure you want to spend a night in Aguas Calientes? We did because we didn't buy our train tickets in advance, and the return on the day we went up was already sold out, but unless you want to be there first thing in the morning (like to hike Wayna Picchu) it's not necessary. I've heard good things about Inkaterra, and of course for location you can't beat the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge which is right at the entrance to the ruins, although I think both are pretty pricey. Also at least in 2005 there was no ATM in Aguas Calientes, so either check that or make sure to bring enough cash.

I like the Kiwi Collection website for nice hotels because it kind of narrows things down to places they think are "worthy" of their site, and then I look at reviews on TripAdvisor. The Cusco/Aguas Calientes hotels are here.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards