April 2012 Weddings
Options

GREAT MOTIVATION!

Soo...Yesterday, when talk to my MOH, i mentioned Ive been totally slacking on my diet lately. I havent gained anything, but i havent lost anymore either.

As you know, I bought a dress last year... that is now 6 sizes to big and, well, Boring. So I am trying to sell it to buy a "Sexier dress".... So we decide to go try some one, just so i can see how far i have to go (weightloss wise) and hopefully spark some motivation. I dont want to buy my dress until Augustish - Cutting it close, i know :(

ANYWAYS, i tried on over 20 dresses, of all styles. The last being a mermaid. It looked so good!! My only complaint was that it made me look like i had No booty, haha. I was sooo happy, and the only thing i kept saying was... "josh would lose his mind! (referring to the curves the dress gave me - haha)

It was so motivating! Ive havent had a single craving for chocolate since! Well, maybe thats a lie, but atleast i havent given in!! =D
~Melissa Photobucket

Re: GREAT MOTIVATION!

• Options
    HA!! That is awesome! CONGRATS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    I love that feeling! When you try something on and it fits like a glove- man there is nothing sexier! 

What are you doing for a plan? Weight watchers, P90x, etc anything like that or just general exercise and working out?

I wish my dress were mermaid style sometimes, but mine was my aunt's (free, A-Lline) and I don't hate it enough to go buy another. Plus my grandma would complain, as she hates that style. Every prom season I would try a mermaid gown on and she would say no. She doesn't think a bride should be "sexy", but she was married in the 50s so go figure lol. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Congrats!!  Losing weight is a struggle.  I've been overweight my entire life and have been on every diet imaginable.  I re-joined weight watchers for the wedding.  Its been 3 months and I've lost 22 or so pounds, which is good, but not where I want to be.  I've considered going dress shopping now to motivate myself a little (i'm planning on getting my dress in august also).  Good luck and keep shedding those pounds...though your FH will love the way you look anyway!!!!
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_great-motivation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:0d409029-6790-4516-80ea-9fdff5442ac0Post:d47dfe96-87ff-455a-b427-3d41724a1a55">Re: GREAT MOTIVATION!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!  Losing weight is a struggle.  I've been overweight my entire life and have been on every diet imaginable.  I re-joined weight watchers for the wedding.  Its been 3 months and <strong>I've lost 22 or so pounds</strong>, which is good, but not where I want to be.  I've considered going dress shopping now to motivate myself a little (i'm planning on getting my dress in august also).  Good luck and keep shedding those pounds...though your FH will love the way you look anyway!!!!
    Posted by futuremrsdavies[/QUOTE]

<div>Way to go girl! I'm signing up next week!</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! So happy to hear you were so happy with the newer dresses! And so awesome that youre on track and got such a great motivator. I know that pesky thing called chocolate loves to send us in the wrong direction. Keep up the great work and I cant wait to see the sexy new dress you pick!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    I am on weight watchers as well! I LOVE IT! I too have been overweight my entire life, and diets have never been easy for me.

Weight watchers totally works, and doesnt feel like a diet, because you dont have to deprive yourself from ANYTHING. The memebers and leaders become very close friends of yours. My leader asks me every week.... "We in that new dress yet?!" haha. Ive been on it for a yea, and have lost 50. Probably could have lost more by now, but, like i said, ive totally been slacking and not doing it 100%. I am now tho!
    ~Melissa Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards