Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Notes and Mystery Gifts

We have several gifts from our wedding that came without a card or writing on the gift tag... I cannot for the life of me figure who they came from!  It upsets me to think that thank you notes will not be sent to people who spent time and money picking out a gift for DH and I.  Has anyone been in this situation before?  How can I find out who these "unclaimed" wedding gifts came from?  Clearly I cannot reach out to each wedding guest who does not yet have a gift linked to them and ask them what they brought.  That would be worse then not sending a card.

Thanks in advance.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thank You Notes and Mystery Gifts

• Options
    Send a TY to each guest that didn't send a gift and thank them for coming.  Make no mention of the "unclaimed" gifts.  Odds are good, if they sent something, they'll ask if you got it. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I like suqirrly's suggestion.  Also, if they were gifts that you registered for, you can also try checking the store websites - many keep track of who purchased a gift off your registry.
  • Options
    OP I love your boston!  We have one too, and he is snoring his head off right now on the guest bed next to me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    C&S1030C&S1030 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    balasj, I tried that... unsuccessfully.  Cry

dnbeach12, Thank you!  Bostons are the best.  My Conan snores pretty loud too.  I love my furbaby.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards