Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Still send invitation?

One of our guests received our Save the Date and personally emailed to say they will not be able to make it to our wedding. After a few emails back and forth, are we supposed to still send this guest the official invitation and response card?

Re: Still send invitation?

• Options
    Yup... their plans might change.
  • Options
    Yup.  Just in case their plans change.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Yes. Things change. They might be able to come after all, but when you don't send them the invite, you make that decison for them. Anyone who gets a save the date gets an invite.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    yes, plans can change

if you want you can include a note saying in case your plans change we would still love to have you share our wedding day with us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    first one of the day
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Yes, I would. How in the heck can they know they can't attend that far in advance? Isn't that the whole point of STD's unless they are some really busy people.
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_still-send-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1bf33a8f-fe2a-487c-aedc-dd33b9905d9cPost:722e0c26-f798-45d5-b044-ef2bd0fc16ae">Re: Still send invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I would. How in the heck can they know they can't attend that far in advance? Isn't that the whole point of STD's unless they are some really busy people.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]
    they might have already booked a vacation and it's only a couple of months until her wedding.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Ditto PPs, but include a short handwritten note so they don't think you ignored them (or are simply fishing for gifts). 

"Dear Amy,

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it to our celebration, but I am so excited for you and your husband.  A Jamaican vacation sounds like so much fun! 

We'll be thinking of you!

Love,
    Me"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_still-send-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1bf33a8f-fe2a-487c-aedc-dd33b9905d9cPost:722e0c26-f798-45d5-b044-ef2bd0fc16ae">Re: Still send invitation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I would. How in the heck can they know they can't attend that far in advance? Isn't that the whole point of STD's unless they are some really busy people.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

One of my best out-of-state friends has a baby due 7 days after my wedding. 
    murrayed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards