New York-New York City
Options

Hair and Makeup on Staten Island?

I'm getting married in Manhattan, but I'm getting ready at my parents' house in Staten Island.  I have to be in Manhattan by 11, so we have to get ready really early.  I was thinking that the timing would work best if my mom, my sister and I could go to a salon to get ready (there are no other bridesmaids).  Does anyone know a good salon to go to for bridal hair/make-up that will do a very sophisticated style?  Or do you think that we should have someone come to the house?  I'm just worried that we'll have to start getting ready at the crack of dawn if one person comes to the house for hair.  Thanks!! 

Re: Hair and Makeup on Staten Island?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd have someone come to the house to do makeup and hair...and it won't be any different than going to a salon.  While one person is getting makeup, the other is getting hair, and then it switches off.  You'd be okay with a 6:30/7:00 start and be done by 9:30/10:00.

If you go to a salon, the earliest they may open is 8am/9am, and they'll do all your hair at the same time, but then makeup is a different story.

Definitely look into Stacy Pitt and Sally Duvall - they work together often and go to Staten Island!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    House of Trends located in Huguenot.

Request Jessica (hair) & Michelle (Makeup) if they are available. They are the owners.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second house of trends - They're great
  • Options
    jessicajfirejessicajfire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a girl who travels, she has an ad on this site.  her name is Eve Whittington.  I recently had a trial with her and she ia amazing!  she's doing my hair, my mom and sister.  you should check her out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards