New York-New York City

Glen Cove Mansion

I would like to know if anyone has had or been to a wedding at the Glen Cove Mansion in Long Island. I recently visted the place and I was mostly pleased but knowing that I am new to the wedding scene I do not want to commit to this venue with out hearing from the public. Cant wait to hear some feedback.
Here we come 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Glen Cove Mansion

• MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes but with a condition - only if your wedding is under 175 people or so.  We were about to book with them, and then visited a wedding in progress with about 200 guests...and it was cramped.  It is a gorgeous venue, and so unique, but there was no room for the band, or the dance floor, with 200 guests.  We went with the Royalton Mansion instead - it can hold way more, and still has that one-of-a-kind mansion feel.  Review and pics in my married bio if you are interested.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • itsval11226itsval11226 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much thats how I felt when I visited them. The dance floor was very small and I also found the room was small and it was empty except for a few buffet tables. I also expect 200 guest. I love the warmth of the place but I have a large family Hopefully I can get a definite estimate soon so I can know whether or not to go forward with the down payment. Your post was very helpful and I will look into that other mansion also. Thanks
    Here we come 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards