Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

s/o of I judge you when...

Let's do it WR.

I judge you when you go on a honeymoon to Disney World.
I judge you when you whine about your guests' attire.

Re: s/o of I judge you when...

• Options
    I judge you when you have a cash bar yet a designer dress. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    I judge you when you do the type of garter toss that makes me feel like I am watching your new husband give you oral.

I judge you when you get married in the middle of nowhere so I have to book a flight, book a hotel room, and rent a car to attend your wedding.
  • Options
    I'm going to Disney on my HM, oh noes ...

I judge you when you use the term "My special day" for pretty much any reason.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I judge you when you have a gap of more than an hour.

I judge you when your dress does not fit properly/is not a flattering style on your body.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I judge you if you made your BM's wear those ridiculous "bridesmaid" shirts at any point.  Parties.  Getting Ready.  Anytime.  Just don't. 

I judge you if you gift your BM's anything with your wedding date engraved into it.  NO ONE wants that crap. 

• Options
    I judge you if you do the cake smash.

I judge you if you have an accent colour in your dress.

I judge pink weddings, sorry. I don't think there's a man out there who WANTS pink. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    I judge your cash bar and dollar dance.
    I judge you if it takes longer than 8 weeks to do thank you notes.
  • Options
    I judge you when your favor is a champagne flute with your name and wedding date  engraved on it. I don't give a f**ck if they're cheap. Just don't have favors then.

I also judge your choreographed BP dances and head tables.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I judge people who have jack and jill parties because "its expected" or to make back the money they are spending on the wedding. I judge that harshly.
  • Options
    I judge you when you don't get enough food for people so you have staff members at your venue guarding the buffet, dolling out tiny amounts of food, and turning people away for seconds. (yeah, this happened to me)

I judge you if I hug you (the bride) and glitter or sequins come off on my person.

I judge people who whine about church fees but then spend 120% more on a venue. At least the church fees go to actually helping an entity that does some good.

I judge people who have a cash bar and then have an extravagent honeymoon. I see this way more often than the cash bar but designer dress thing.

• Options
    I judge you if you have that stupid Angelo dress with the colors going down the back on the sides.  

• Options
    I judge pink weddings, sorry. I don't think there's a man out there who WANTS pink. I could be wrong though.

Haha, FI's BM insisted his wife go with pink for their wedding.  The guys didn't actually wear any pink though.

I judge you if you opt not to do a seating chart and I end up sitting next to your Aunt Mildred.

I judge you for separating me from my FI during dinner.
  • Options
    I judge you if your wedding has a theme that is not "wedding."
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm also doing a WDW HM. Oh well.

I judge those who bitch about having SOOOOOOO MUCH to stress over regarding the wedding, but most of it is nonsense-waste-of-money BS, such as panicking overa shuttle for all 400 of your guests from the ceremony site to the reception site.

I also judge those who talk about how much money thy've saved and then the pictures show that their wedding looks like crap.

We're definitely on a budget, but our wedding will not be decorated with balloons, crepe paper, honeycomb decorations, a single floating candle in a small vase with a handful of colored stones that are made for aquariums.

(The words in bold are also all things I judge for)
  • Options
    I judge people who complain their FI will not get interested in the wedding and other people chalk it up to 'men being men.' Yeah I don't think every guy wants to languish over linens or gerbera vs roses BUT to want to leave it all to the bride is a big red flag for me and not a funny biitch session.

I judge accent colors too, on dresses and especially on veils. UGH.

• Options
    I judge you if I have to stand up during your ceremony.

I judge you if you don't write thank you notes.

I judge you if I have to watch, uncomfortably, while some cheesy  asss song is played and you stare into your FI's eyes for five minutes during the ceremony.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:aede4819-84a2-4879-96ea-0d6441dca0bb">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge you if you have that stupid Angelo dress with the colors going down the back on the sides.  
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

DItto

I judge you if you show up drunk to your own reception.

I judge you if you sit me and my DH with people we don't know while all our other friends are at another table.

I judge you if you have only one small bar open during cocktail hour open and it's outside in the cold.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:aede4819-84a2-4879-96ea-0d6441dca0bb">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge you if you have that stupid Angelo dress with the colors going down the back on the sides.  
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]
    No joke. I HATE-HATE-HATE that wedding dress.
  • Options
    I judge you (whether or not it was played) if "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" or "I Kissed A Girl(and I Liked It)"  made your play list.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:3260ebe6-e47d-405c-9cd8-2a233d99fb47">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge you if your wedding has a theme that is not "wedding."
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

This is the best reply ever. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I judge you if you are my friend K's sister.  Because your wedding is all sorts of wrong.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I judget your chincy spray-painted-white arch with chincy fake greenery and tule (sp?) on it...your arch that you can't even stand under because it's so small. It looks cheap and ugly, and your wedding would have been cheaper without it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:6c9f4f4b-4b3e-43c2-96d0-7df85928d565">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I also judge those who talk about how much money thy've saved and then the pictures show that their wedding looks like crap. We're definitely on a budget, but our wedding will not be decorated with balloons, crepe paper, honeycomb decorations, a single floating candle in a small vase with a handful of colored stones that are made for aquariums .
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Oh jessandtrav.  I go back and forth a lot on you but I believe you have just squarely won me over.  Tip of the hat, ma'am. 

• Options
    On the flip side of Jess and Trav's judge, I judge the way weddings are becoming such an excess. Sure go ahead, have an ice sculpture, or a cookie bar, or a wall of photos of your family members when they got married. But what happens when wedding have ALL of this? Bad news. I am talking monogrammed everything (right down to the floor light you dance under), candy bar, homemade apple butter, pumpkin painting, traditional dancers from your country, and a photobooth. All together it is overkill people.

Plus, all I need at a wedding is good food, dancing and drinks. When did this become not enough for people anymore?
  • Options
    I judge 95% of the colored sashes out there.

If it's a really rich color, like a deep burgandy at Christmas, I might let it slide (I have to see it first) ... but if it's lime green, you go to hell.

And I judge accent colors on the veil, no matter what color it is.

• Options
    I judge if you put registry information on your invites.

I judge if you never send thank you notes.

I judge if you never visit with your guests during the reception, especially when there was no receiving line.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:76b38e77-d3e2-41f9-b3f4-d8c29b7f7ed9">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge 95% of the colored sashes out there. If it's a really rich color, like a deep burgandy at Christmas, I might let it slide (I have to see it first)
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

VOM. Coloured sashes, ESPECIALLY at a certain point of the year (Xmas colours for Xmas, or Orange for Hallowe'en) are even worse.

Just because you're having an Xmas wedding doesn't mean you have to have an Xmas theme!
  • Options
    Tide, I've missed you so much on WP (It's getting very lonely over there). And I, too, judge your friend K's sister's wedding. Which, you really need to give us updates on.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:210ab6be-16c0-48da-bc65-46391b2e1e51Post:fdd36509-b4ce-4d95-b280-b62684c44f92">Re: s/o of I judge you when...</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the flip side of Jess and Trav's judge, I judge the way weddings are becoming such an excess. Sure go ahead, have an ice sculpture, or a cookie bar, or a wall of photos of your family members when they got married. But what happens when wedding have ALL of this? Bad news. I am talking monogrammed everything (right down to the floor light you dance under), candy bar, homemade apple butter, pumpkin painting, traditional dancers from your country, and a photobooth. All together it is overkill people. Plus, all I need at a wedding is good food, dancing and drinks. When did this become not enough for people anymore?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I judge everyone who can't find the medium.

Make it look good, but don't go crazy. Nobody at the wedding needs needs their own personal baker to bake them cookies that have your monogram.
  • Options
    but if it's lime green, you go to hell.

a single floating candle in a small vase with a handful of colored stones that are made for aquariums.

These are my two favorite comments so far today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards