Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

So...

I haven't been around too much tonight since I've been working on Loremaster in WoW (done with EK and Kalimdor so far, working on Outlands now...if you know what I'm talking about), but I've been lurking.

It's boring! 

So, who's here and what's been going on?

I was actually productive today and cleaned a lot of stuff around the house.  And then regretted it because my back started killing me.  Thanks, baby.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: So...

• Options
    I have no idea.  He found about 8 job openings of things that he *could* do, but we'll see how they pan out.  I think the MA jobs were posted in December (back when I was asking him to start looking to see what's available and he told me it was too soon....no, I'm not bitter at all)

• Options
    Yeah, you don't sound bitter. At all. ;) If it makes you feel any better, it seems as though the MH jobs around here, at least in the therapy realm, are reposted on the regular. I keep getting the same "new" postings that I got a month ago, so either they're all still looking or need more people. And if my massive ball-drop situation is any indication, new hiring pretty much shuts down all before, during, and immediately after the holidays. So maybe he didn't miss much. Good luck with it, I've still got fingers crossed for you guys!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurance!  I'm just impatient and want to know NOW.  But that's okay.  One thing at a time.

• Options
    Of course, and you'd like to start looking at places to live, etc. too I'm sure! I think that's really neat that you have family up here already, so you won't just be plopped all of a sudden in the Metrowest area with no place to go if a job called for it. Would it help if I sent you some real estate weeklies so you could be like, ooh, look at this nice house for sale! We'd better move quickly before it gets snatched up! :)

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    So I lurk alot, but wanted to ask Sucrets a WoW question or 2. lol How often do you get the, but you're a girl... and you're hot! when people find out you play? haha Also if you don't mind what's your server?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    What ever do you mean dandan? She gets "you're hot" on here all the time too. ;)

• Options
    lol I imagie she does!
  • Options
    BG - my SIL told me that a half house in their development was up for rent/sale.  That would have been perfect, at least for now!  And yes, it's nice that we can at least crash with my bro for a bit...they already offered us to stay there for a bit if we need to.  We'll see.

Dan - I do!  I get the confused "but you're a girl" look quite a bit, haha!  And don't even get me started on the stares I get when I tell my students I play.  They're amazed!  We play on Uldaman.  Our guild is 99% adults and full of a bunch of couples that play, so it's nice and I'm surrounded by some women, lol.  Hows about you?

• Options
    haha Yeah. I wear WoW shirts occasionaly and I tend to get comments about it when I go out. I'm on Tanaris. Not in a very active guild atm but I don't have much to offer to one either way since I work 2 jobs. :) It's a nice stress reliever for me though!
  • Options
    Well, I'd offer our place up, but it's a one bedroom apartment. I don't think you want to know me that well.

One quick thing about girls and gaming and then off to bed I go... Sometimes when H plays TF2, he'll have me get on the mic and start shittalking the other teams. It throws them off for a second, because this really high-pitched voice is all of a sudden telling them they're pussy bitches.

Anyway, night all! :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_so-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2551204d-9cf1-4f1b-975b-8fa27c416bcfPost:9a36449c-2fb7-44cb-a426-5cbf8d8c89e6">Re: So...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'd offer our place up, but it's a one bedroom apartment. I don't think you want to know me that well. One quick thing about girls and gaming and then off to bed I go... Sometimes when H plays TF2, he'll have me get on the mic and start shittalking the other teams. It throws them off for a second, because this really high-pitched voice is all of a sudden telling them they're pussy bitches. Anyway, night all! :)
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    When we first started dating T would let me do that when playing Call of Duty. It gets quiet very fast. Goodnight!
  • Options
    lol Nice. :)
  • Options
    Did I miss the fun? I'm not even a bit tired and Rick is snoring away...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hiya Mags, I'm here- I don't know if anyone else still is, though?
  • Options
    Hey Sun- I think you and I might be the only ones around. How are you?

Photobucket
  • Options

I'm ok. I was actually sort of sick today- had an upset stomach and only just got to eat since breakfast (at 5pm) because I didn't want to risk being sick at work after having my chai latte and feeling like crap in the morning. Needless to say, I was totally starving and just scoffed down a bunch of food- hopefully my stomach will treat me nicely now- still waiting to see.

How are you? I imagine it's rather late over there!

• Options
    Yeah, its around 2am, but I'm not tired. I worked a long stretch today ( about 11hrs) and I thnk I consumed too much caffiene. So now I am wide awake. I am actually browsing through a list of photographers, and trying to figure out what style I want, who I want to set up appointments with, and that sort of thing. I have a friend that is an amazing photographer, but she is booked in a completely different state, so I just can't seem to make a decision of what I want since she is out.
    Photobucket
  • Options

It's a pity your friend won't be around for it! What sort of style of photog are you going for?

And an 11 hour stretch of work? That's rather crazy. Refresh my memory, what is it you do again?

• Options
    I am the manager of Victoria's Secret here. One of my managers was sick, so I sucked it up and stayed for the duration. It doesn;t help that its getting close to Valentine's Day, and that brings out a whole different breed of customers.

I want very journalistic. Not many posed shots, but more candid. I think I'm just pouting because I can't get her. I had her reserve 3 weekends for me, and then the date worked out as the only one she wasn't available for.

This is her blog: http://erayphoto.com/blog/2010/01/10/wedding-joseph-and-ashley-salande-city-park-december-18-2009/

Plus, she is fantastic, but a newer wedding photographer, so I am probably going to end up paying double for what  would have paid for her. Boo.
    Photobucket
  • Options

The photog we had is also a journalistic style photographer. We didn't spend long at all doing anything close to posed (maybe 45 minutes total- a lot of that was family shots that my mother and H's mother asked for). We were lucky that like your friend, our photog was the partner of a friend of ours and hadn't been shooting weddings for long when we booked him, so we got a bargain. 

Very cute blog! I hope you find someone you like just as much! Are there many in your area?

What type of 'different breed' of customers do you get around V-day?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards